Sign in to follow this  
cj3737

Prepar3d 2.0

Hmm that sounds pretty difinitive. Guess im that much closer to jumping on the bandwagon.

Thanks for the inputs

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Perhaps they could release some screenshot to show the development just like what we got from MS Flight.

Please, do not mention flight here. It is a traitorous product

Please, do not mention flight here. It is a traitorous product

ROFL!! Best post all month! =D

Anyhow I've got 1.4 but am unlikely to use it until the Airbus X Extended is released as when I tried the Airbus X the MCDU didn't work and searching around revealed a lot of hacking was necessary and no one was really getting anywhere with it =(.

Still though I'm not sure I'm convinced how much better than FSX it currently is. Word Not Allowed's position with 1.4 is that it can be smoother but in some cases fps is actually worse so meh, I'm on the fence. I'll be keeping an eye out for 2.0 for sure.

Still though I'm not sure I'm convinced how much better than FSX it currently is. Word Not Allowed's position with 1.4 is that it can be smoother but in some cases fps is actually worse so meh, I'm on the fence. I'll be keeping an eye out for 2.0 for sure.

Benefits of jumping to Lockheed boat probably depend on many things. Hardware is of course one, but addons used plays of course big part too. For me, the difference was bigger than I expected. FSX ran fine on my rig, no problems there, but P3D was still far better. It just doesn't run better but texture shading and crispness make it simply better looking too. Difference is subtle but clear. Only annoyance with P3D is the lack of start up screen, which I hope is addressed in a few weeks when Steve gets his P3D version of Ideal Flight out. ATC window is another issue, but I can live with it now, when I realized that I can run P3D in windowed mode with "Pseudo" fullscreen script. This leaves that annoyning screen flash away and so far I haven't found any performance decrease running in windowed.

Benefits of jumping to Lockheed boat probably depend on many things. Hardware is of course one, but addons used plays of course big part too. For me, the difference was bigger than I expected. FSX ran fine on my rig, no problems there, but P3D was still far better. It just doesn't run better but texture shading and crispness make it simply better looking too. Difference is subtle but clear. Only annoyance with P3D is the lack of start up screen, which I hope is addressed in a few weeks when Steve gets his P3D version of Ideal Flight out. ATC window is another issue, but I can live with it now, when I realized that I can run P3D in windowed mode with "Pseudo" fullscreen script. This leaves that annoyning screen flash away and so far I haven't found any performance decrease running in windowed.

Your PC is very similar to mine as well (same proc but GTX 580) so maybe I'd notice an increase too? I wonder if Radar Contact works with P3D. Would Google but I'm hitting the hay.

Your PC is very similar to mine as well (same proc but GTX 580) so maybe I'd notice an increase too?

FPS gain may not be that much, I haven't actually measured it, but increase in smoothness (which usually means more constant FPS or higher min FPS) is perfectly clear.

I wonder if Radar Contact works with P3D. Would Google but I'm hitting the hay.

I searched RC forum a while a go and it seems to work fine with P3D.

It's not only a matter of FPS.

At same number of FPS Prepar3D il long way smoother than FSX.

From my point of view FSX become unflyable under 20-22, Prepar3D is still enough good at 15.

Moreover, P3D well configured (see Word Not Allowed guide) is almost exempt from stutters and blurries issues.

It's not only a matter of FPS.

At same number of FPS Prepar3D il long way smoother than FSX.

From my point of view FSX become unflyable under 20-22, Prepar3D is still enough good at 15.

Moreover, P3D well configured (see Word Not Allowed guide) is almost exempt from stutters and blurries issues.

You'r kidding right? Unless the only thing you'r flying is the default Piper Cub at 10,000 feets, no AI, no car traffic and all other sliders to the left....?? And I bet you don't have any popping autogen, right?

Try a fast plane at low altitude over any good 3PD sceneries, come back and you tell me if 15 FPS is still good enough....seriously.

I'm sure P3D as some good improvements over FSX but I can tell you that with what Steve already fixed in DX10 (and still improving it) FSX is better then ever with high FPS as DX10 use more of the GPU, sure FSX still has a lot of things wrong.....as P3D does.

I'm sure P3D as some good improvements over FSX but I can tell you that with what Steve already fixed in DX10 (and still improving it) FSX is better then ever with high FPS as DX10 use more of the GPU, sure FSX still has a lot of things wrong.....as P3D does.

I do not totally agree with Claudio statement in regards to P3D performance any more than I agree with your pushing a revival of an incomplete DX10 on folks . You both have your opinions and that's all they are. Placebos cure over 50% of the sick.

I do not totally agree with Claudio statement in regards to P3D performance any more than I agree with your pushing a revival of an incomplete DX10 on folks . You both have your opinions and that's all they are. Placebos cure over 50% of the sick.

I understand your scepticism so here, I made 2 vid. testing the "improved" DX10 over Miami X, the first one is 2 approch to Miami Int. with captain sim 727, all sliders to the right with car traffic at 50% and LOD at 9.5...eeeeee....look for the stutterings if you find some....autogen popping is every where as with P3D, see any blurries?

The other vid. is to show cockpit shadows for immersions as I like immersions a lot, don't mind me panning around a LOT as I was trying to see what kind of stutterings or autogen popping I'll get....not much to tell you the truth if any....all sliders to the right again with LOD at 9.5, look how far you can see details....I'm not trying to push an incomplete DX10 as all sim are incomplete, what I'm saying is that DX10 is better then ever...

Videos are videos. I take stock in whats on MY computer. I would suggest we take this up in the DX10 forum and stop the trolling around the P3D forum in order for its users to post their P3D concerns here, not the furthering of one own agenda. Thank you.

===========DX10 WARNING - AA does NOT work in FSX's DX10 preview mode, it never has. You should not run in DX10 mode basically ever - it is slower and buggy.

Videos are videos. I take stock in whats on MY computer. I would suggest we take this up in the DX10 forum and stop the trolling around the P3D forum in order for its users to post their P3D concerns here, not the furthering of one own agenda. Thank you.

===========DX10 WARNING - AA does NOT work in FSX's DX10 preview mode, it never has. You should not run in DX10 mode basically ever - it is slower and buggy.

Come ooonnnnn, since when should a discussion about a specific subject be consider as trolling, ok you don't like FSX DX10 and it's fine with me.....video are not just video, they are backing up statements, in this case mine, how many times do we read about perf. on P3D or FSX without something to back it up, we just have to rely on the poster's word not knowing if he(they) are blowing smokes up our behind.

About your statement on AA and DX10 been slower and buggy.....I think my vid. speak for themself.

Come ooonnnnn, since when should a discussion about a specific subject be consider as trolling, ok you don't like FSX DX10 and it's fine with me.....video are not just video, they are backing up statements, in this case mine, how many times do we read about perf. on P3D or FSX without something to back it up, we just have to rely on the poster's word not knowing if he(they) are blowing smokes up our behind.

About your statement on AA and DX10 been slower and buggy.....I think my vid. speak for themself.

Could you still tell me why you bother so much about this subject in P3D forum? Are you sure you don't have something to say about EULAs too?