Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FTX Central

Not to start another battle here, but GEX provides this - swapping all the textures from the backup file takes 20 or 30 seconds. Real simple to enable/disable.

If I was completely happy with FTGX, I probably wouldn't care, but I have a few issues. So switching it in and out would be a real convenience  right about now.

To whom decide to buy, install and use Orbx products only with FTXG installed should not have any issue, that is WHY they took the switcher away, do they want this to be convenient? Add on from other companies may or may not work as advertised when used with Orbx FTXG.

Will you be able to install ALL of their other upcoming products without FTXG?

A switch would be SOooo much better, right.....?

If enough peoples ask for the switcher back will Orbx provide one like they did with the uninstaller?  I doubt it....but I may be wrong, let see.

o whom decide to buy, install and use Orbx products only with FTXG installed should not have any issue, that is WHY they took the switcher away

So if I go and buy some Orbx region(?) and install it, I'll get a switch that allows me to disable Global conveniently?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

So if I go and buy some Orbx region(?) and install it, I'll get a switch that allows me to disable Global conveniently?

No.

FTXG is either active ... or uninstalled. Uninstalling FTXG, when regions are already present, requires additional manual tasks not covered by the automatic uninstaller.

Oliver is right,

If you got the regions before FTXG with the old installer you can always reinstall them and you'll have the switch to turn FTX/FSX on or off but as soon as you install FTXG, FTXG will remove the FTX/FSX switch from the FTX panel.

As Oliver also said, additional manual task is required when uninstalling FTXG when regions are already present, Orbx did not make this convenient at all, a on/off switch would have been so convenient, you'r either in or out of FTX without messing with anything like before.

Now, I don't know if the FTX/FSX switch is still there with the installer if a simmer buy his first region today from Orbx without FTXG.

That's why you just get Prepar3D and use that with all things ORBX. That leaves FSX free for anything else!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

If you buy a region, without buying/installing FTX Global, you should download the most current object library from their website, and install it.  That will give you all the objects for that region (all regions and airports).  You will then have an updated FTX Central for you to switch back and forth from FSX Default (since you wouldn't have FTX G installed) and the region you will be flying in.

And, if and when ORBX creates more region and airport scenery, they will work with or without FTX Global. 

Rod

Rod Beck

If you buy a region, without buying/installing FTX Global, you should download the most current object library from their website, and install it.  That will give you all the objects for that region (all regions and airports).  You will then have an updated FTX Central for you to switch back and forth from FSX Default (since you wouldn't have FTX G installed) and the region you will be flying in.

And, if and when ORBX creates more region and airport scenery, they will work with or without FTX Global. 

Rod

Correct. I installed the freeware FTXG Airport pack into my default scenery and added the latest ORBXLIBS, including the latest FTX Central. The 'default' option is still there.

I no longer have the choice to click "hybrid" mode on FTX Central.  What happened?

Stan

I have bought a number of ORBX products and i cannot work out why ftx Central keeps replacing scnerey entries in scenery.cfg that i have manually removed , or why when yu switch locations , why do you needto switch between europe and newzealand they are not connected ?

Why does open lc europe cause uk2000 jersey to display incorrectly with water patches showing though

Like orbx forgot about the channel islands , ???.

Why can i not uninstall orbxireland even if i remove the files and remove from scenery editors in p3d it keeps coming back. Irealnd is the most buggy of the uk objects, ...

And i dont know fi this is realated , but when p3d is loading scnery textures the last stage visually yi see scenery adjustment spikes running away like its finalising alititube points they enventually dissapear but i struggle some times with random crashing in to invisible objects ?

Is there an order to install addons uk 2000 needs to be at the top but i cannot get orbx to let it be so it keeps placing itself first which is annoying cause i have to move 10 airports up 40 placed in scenery library one by one , thats 400 clicks of the move up button..... Tedious