Sign in to follow this  
curlyhair_js

Bglmanx.dll Issue

I am having a problem getting my couatl engine to load.  As a result, FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam software aren't working correctly or at all.  I have tried re-installing (without my anti-virus on) and I have tried repairing SP2 as FSDreamTeam suggests. I do not see the add on manager or the couatl engine in my addons in FSX.  When I first install the engine into FSX, it asks me if I want to trust the engine.  I say run and trust.  Based on the simconnect diagnostic I am running on startup the bglmanx.dll is causing the error. I have tried deleting this file and reinstalling, but that did not fix it either.  I am running windows 8.1 64 bit on FSX SP 2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you!

When it comes to their software it's best to seek support from their forum so that Umberto can help you diagnose the problem quicker than you posting it here.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do not see the add on manager or the couatl engine in my addons in FSX.

This indicates you did not install it properly and there is a problem with the entry in the dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Perhaps you had your anti-virus program running or UAC was enabled or you did not right click the installation program and select run as Administrator.    Windows 8.1 has a lot more security in it that Windows 7 and it requires a lot more actions.  Not sure what simconnect has to do with it though.  There should be many things you need to trust when you first start up FSX after installing a FSDT airport.  See their install guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You are correct, I probably should have gone to them first, but I was getting impatient waiting for them to activate my account.  Once in I found my solution almost immediately.  Below is a link to the solution in case anyone else is having a problem.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11597.msg89129.html#msg89129

Once I downloaded the specialized setup and Visual 2013 it worked like a charm.  Thanks for your help!

I suddenly got this error out of the blue today.  Tried the solution at FSDT...no good.  Tried the solution on the thread above...still no good.  I'm starting to wonder if it's worth having on my system.  I have 2 FSDT airports and 2 Flighbeam airports and I'm seriously thinking about giving them up.

I uninstalled it and removed it from dll.xml.  Everything non-FSDT and non-Flightbeam seems to be working fine.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This may be a long shot, but are you running the super tweak suggested on the steam forums? I found that that tweak (running in xp sp mode and admin priority) caused my gsx to lock up my whole simulator. GSX saw fsx as a different machine, and struggled with the copy protection.

Good luck.

B.

WW1294.png

Thanks, I checked that too.  I don't run FSX with any compatibility...never have.  Win7 64-bit.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth having on my system. I have 2 FSDT airports and 2 Flighbeam airports and I'm seriously thinking about giving them up.

Why on earth would you suddenly think of giving up on 4 airports that you paid for just because you suddenly got an error that you can't fix?

Just open a support thread at their forum and let Umberto help you. He has a pretty high success rate in taking care of and fixing issues.

For the life of me I can't understand why when people have a problem with an FSDT product they come here and waste time trying to self diagnose and fix the issue, then get frustrated when they can't fix it, rather that simply opening a topic on their forum and getting help from the author of the product.

Personally I'd never give up on $120 worth of software I paid for just because I got an issue that I couldn't self fix and didn't seek direct support from the developer on. To me that would be like having car trouble that was under warranty, trying to fix it unsuccessful myself, it not working, then saying, heck with it, I just won't drive it again. Granted there's a big difference in cost between the two, but the analogy remains similar.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My Norton AV took the blgmanx into quarantine during an update. Maybe you should check this?

My Norton AV took the blgmanx into quarantine during an update. Maybe you should check this?

I'm not at my sim but I'll check when I get back.  I use Microsoft Security Essentials and it hasn't been a problem for any other app/dll on my system at all.

Gregg Seipp

I suddenly got this error out of the blue today.

What do you mean with "this error" ?

This error, reported by the OP in March on this thread, was the "missing dependencies" that he could only get to see by enabling the Simconnect diagnostic mode, which lead him to the solution explained on our forum about installing the VC++ 2013 runtimes (that are automatically installed by our installer, but sometimes they gone missing so they have to be reinstalled) and sure enough, the problem was fixed, since the "missing dependencies" error means something in the system is missing so, bglmanx couldn't be loaded because of that (it was the cause of the error, it was affected by it...)

So, are you getting this error ? If yes, you might have an issue with Simconnect or the VC++ 2005 runtimes, which would result in the same "missing dependencies" error, the same the OP found in his Simconnect diagnostic mode, and there are other steps to undertake to fix it.

If your error is not the same (bglmanx.dll cannot load due to missing dependecies in the Simconnect log) I suggest to:

- Report the problem on our forum, because that's where they can be addressed in the most efficient way.

- Best not to piggyback on a months old thread, especially if the problem is not the same as the one which was discussed and fixed.