Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

All aircraft in P3D v3 pulling to one side

This problem is driving me nuts! All of my aircraft are pulling to the left as I accelerate down the runway, and then they start pulling to the right as the speed increases. What on Earth is happening? I have calibrated the joystick, but the problem persists. I have installed FSUIPC 4.946. I have tried changing the realism settings, and the problem is partially corrected....but who wants to fly with realism on EASY?

I need help! Can someone please offer any advice?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If the joystick works correctly in other programs and you are sure you don't have controls crossed up in the key and axis bindings, I have no clue, unless the install just really went bad. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I can second the right hand pull. Saitek pro yoke with spad drivers installed. all other controllers unplugged and still pulls to right.

Chris - Just a thought (and shoot me down if you've already done it) ..... but have you tried enabling AutoRudder in the Realism settings?

I have hear that Pete has said that FSUIPC AXES polling is no longer done with P3dv3 , and that Pete was requesting LM that things get changed back;

AND;

If you copied your P3dv2.x FSUIPC4.INI file over, settings would be honored by PDv3

...this. Not a quote, but I believe a fair paraphrase.

See http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80199-important-fsuipc-calibration-of-axes-in-p3d-version-3/

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Only a few days old, so P3D v3 teething to be expected.

My temporary solution is indeed to check Autorudder on in realism settings.

This has sorted my A2A, PMDG and Aerosoft, etc.

I still have everything else on full-to-right (sliders) for realism and anything else.

Rudder pedals still work independantly, so, until there's a fix it will do for now.

Any good for anyone??

Deepredson

AutoRudder is active. It doesn't make a difference whether it is on or off. I didn't transfer my FSUIPC settings from P3D v2.4. I just installed the new version in P3D v3. I will be extremely frustrated if I do not get this sorted out by the weekend, because that's when I want to fly!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are your axis assigned in P3D or in FSUIPC?

All of my axis are assigned in FSUIPC, sent to P3D as normal axis. I have no axis assigned within the sim itself.

Come to think of it, I did wander to the left but assumed it was just the wind and corrected with the rudder. It never pulled back to the right as the speed increased, it was a constant left pull that could easily be cancelled out with rudder input.

I will have to double check.

Is it significant that the same pull forward and to the left happens in SLEW mode? I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the joystick drivers to see if anything changes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would say that is very significant.

It sounds like 2 controller axis assigned to the same simulator axis.

I noticed that upon first installing P3D, some of my throttle quadrant axis would get assigned to elevator, rudder etc, and would have to be deleted.

I have had a look, but I can't find anything significant....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

AutoRudder is active. It doesn't make a difference whether it is on or off. I didn't transfer my FSUIPC settings from P3D v2.4. I just installed the new version in P3D v3. I will be extremely frustrated if I do not get this sorted out by the weekend, because that's when I want to fly!!

it appears that you will have to forsake v2 for v3 or Vise-versa, if you want to fly your T7 or NGX...Randazzo has publicly stated he will not support both....you have to choose...

Because of this policy, I for one, am strongly considering getting a refund on P3Dv3 until I know that ALL THE enjoyment and BENEFITS I DERIVE FROM v2 DLC, is equally available in P3dV3.

One might be considered remiss, if one didn't say that if the current versions of the PMDG 737NGX, and T7, are at production state, then the only thing that Randazzo has done is to change the installer envelope, and of course ADD ACTIVE CODE that FORCES one to choose P3dv2, or P3dv3

...the same way he "served our needs" with the transition from v1 to v2.

...that was the sound of incredulous and dirisive laughter being stifled....

Therefore his comment that he would only support one or the other P3D v2 OR v3 platforms but not both at the same time, might be perceived by others as less than generous , even as honorable as Wall Street....but certainly not as extremely self serving and a force of the diminution of PMDG licensees' rights...

But then, I would never say that.

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have already uninstalled v2.4. I only ever use one version of a flight simulator at any time, and that is now P3D v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Here the same pulling to the right when accelerating on the runway. I have hardware rudders and a seperate yoke.

Using Autorudder is no option.

I do not have that in v2.5.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

if you still had a backup of your 2.5 FSUIPC4.INI, and copied it over....and shut OFF controls in P3d, I would like to see what happens....

My controls are all there and fine and just as I configured them in v2.5...apparently P3dv3 doesnt Poll the FSUIPC AXES anymore

....see the FSUIPC forum Stiky post "Important...." on Pete's site

Chas