Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Orbx ObjectFlow and v3

Anyone have Orbx objectflow working in v3? I installed Pago Pago and it works but objectflow seems to have a problem.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Objectflow files need to be updated by ORBX, I dont think you can do anything yourself about this.

But you can simply turn them off by changing the extension from dll to off, or anything of your own choice. This way you dont get those messages and basic airport will still be as you're used to to.

Cheers!

Maarten

You don't want to use ObjectFlow in V3 until Orbx provide an update.

Cheers, Rob.

Question:   I read somewhere you are supposed to restart you computer when Object flow updates itself.   Is that true ? 

You don't want to use ObjectFlow in V3 until Orbx provide an update.

Cheers, Rob.

Sure I do Rob,,I want to use it now, not a year from now. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Question:   I read somewhere you are supposed to restart you computer when Object flow updates itself.   Is that true ? 

Nope.

It's just a file that the flight sim reads and run when it starts up, and the flight sim just reads whatever current version of the file that's on the hard drive. It's not like a Windows hardware driver or something like that, which can require a restart to update, so Windows can read the updated driver on startup.

• Upvote 1

Sure I do Rob,,I want to use it now, not a year from now. 

Then fly in P3D v2.5. It works fine in that.

Thanks, that was a lot of help..I will run out and spend another 200 bucks just to have Objectflow work. I will wait for Orbx to fix it instead but this is something that should have been addressed before  v3 was released. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, that was a lot of help..I will run out and spend another 200 bucks just to have Objectflow work. I will wait for Orbx to fix it instead but this is something that should have been addressed before  v3 was released. 

Or you should have waited until it was released before purchasing v3 if the `flows` are that important to you. Perhaps you could explain why? 

FTX made it PERFECTLY clear that v3 would need adaptation after release. Don't know what you expected, but it's the expectations that are wrong, not FTX's delivery strategy. Look how much has already been ported or converted in just 30 days after release ! 

• Upvote 1

24 post and your already fitting the Avsim mold. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

24 post and your already fitting the Avsim mold. 

I came over here from `over there` for the more informed comment. You don't seem to be supplying it. Vic will assure you I don't suffer fools. At all.

P3D is a fresh release in V3 `mould` - any intelligent consumer would appreciate that porting, crossover and installer issues will take some time to resolve. If you choose to buy into it at this early stage, you should expect to wait while the aftermarket catches up.

What I don't get is why you aren't positing your thoughts in the FTX forums, or at least reading what they've already written as your questions are fully answered already. Afraid of Venema perhaps ? 

All you need is a little patience, and some understanding of why things need changing. The FTX forums will help you with the latter.

• Upvote 1

funny I don't mind fools but arrogance is what i really can,t stand,i usually find arrogance covers stupidity

peter

Nope.

It's just a file that the flight sim reads and run when it starts up, and the flight sim just reads whatever current version of the file that's on the hard drive. It's not like a Windows hardware driver or something like that, which can require a restart to update, so Windows can read the updated driver on startup.

Thank you Jacques  :smile:

Vic will assure you I don't suffer fools. At all.

Who's Vic?  our own Vic (Moderator) are the Vic on the FTX forums?    and why are you dropping his name  :Shame On You: