Sign in to follow this  
RoDuSu

Saitek X52 and Windows 10

Hi All, 

I have a Saitek X52 setup and am running on Windows 10. 

About a month and a half ago, I had the BETA driver installed and all was working perfectly - no issues whatsoever. 

However, I was away from my PC for two weeks and in that time, something changed - the joystick and throttle light up but they don't function.

I have uninstalled the drivers and software, cleaned up the registry to make sure there aren't any traces, have deleted the relevant folders (and the temp folders), unplugged the joystick, and have gone through the installation process again. When I run the driver installation however, and plug the controller in, it doesn't recognise the device being plugged in. Instead, Windows seems to proceed with its own installation process. 

I'm at my wits end with it. So I'm asking for help - anyone got any thoughts on what a) might be wrong, and b) I can do to fix it? 

That also happen to me some time ago but on X52 pro. I guess you have the same cables (PS/2 Mini-Din 6 Pin Male Male), if so be sure that none of the pin's connector have been bend or moved out of  the origin position. If so, be sure to carefully bring them back with a proper tool.. Small screw driver etc..   I have used some super glue in both ends to keep them where they should be  :wink:

Unfortunately, it's not the cable. They're both connected fine, and they connect via USB to the computer. But when it comes to installing it, the software suggests plugging the USB cable in (which I do) but it won't let me proceed with the installation - the 'Next' box is grayed out and cannot be clicked.

This is so frustrating. I have a brand new graphics card for FSX that I can't use because the joystick won't work! :(

(...) But when it comes to installing it, the software suggests plugging the USB cable in (which I do) but it won't let me proceed with the installation - the 'Next' box is grayed out and cannot be clicked.

I have the same problem. But my X52 Pro was fine until that Windows 10 1511 "big actualization" comes out.

I don't know what to do! I tried old and new drivers and two or three methods.

Sorry for my english.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I have the same problem. But my X52 Pro was fine until that Windows 10 1511 "big actualization" comes out.

I don't know what to do! I tried old and new drivers and two or three methods.

Sorry for my english.

I have tested the joystick on another Windows 10 computer without this latest update. It installed fine. 

Seems to be an issue with the latest release of Windows 10 then? :sad:

Hi there, just thought I'd let you know that I had the same problem.  Installed the win10 update and the x52 drivers would not install.

However I've managed to fix it on my end.  Plug in your x-52 and find it in Device Manager. Right click / Update Driver / Browse my computer / Let me pick / Pick the driver for USB input device.

The x-52 display came on immediately and I was able to reinstall the beta drivers with no problems.  Hope it works for you!

Guys had the same problem with lights not coming on in saitek multi-panel this great little program fixed it for me - after every windows 10 update you need to run it

Make sure you run it as adim - if you dont it will not work - after the dos screen opens up hit your enter key on keyboard and restart your computer - bam thats it worked for me

Computer may act funny getting to the windows restart button - dont worry noting is messed up after re-start your good to go

Also it says to unplug your devices or whatever I dont - just re-start 

I am only using spad no saitek drivers loaded - not sure ith your sticks as I have cessna pro yoke - but would assume spad works with your device also

Link to program - hard to find so bookmark it 

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Rich Sennett

Hi there, just thought I'd let you know that I had the same problem.  Installed the win10 update and the x52 drivers would not install.

However I've managed to fix it on my end.  Plug in your x-52 and find it in Device Manager. Right click / Update Driver / Browse my computer / Let me pick / Pick the driver for USB input device.

The x-52 display came on immediately and I was able to reinstall the beta drivers with no problems.  Hope it works for you!

I have tried this, and it still won't work. It returns an error of "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it."

Guys had the same problem with lights not coming on in saitek multi-panel this great little program fixed it for me - after every windows 10 update you need to run it

Make sure you run it as adim - if you dont it will not work - after the dos screen opens up hit your enter key on keyboard and restart your computer - bam thats it worked for me

Computer may act funny getting to the windows restart button - dont worry noting is messed up after re-start your good to go

Also it says to unplug your devices or whatever I dont - just re-start 

I am only using spad no saitek drivers loaded - not sure ith your sticks as I have cessna pro yoke - but would assume spad works with your device also

Link to program - hard to find so bookmark it 

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

I've tried this also, but I don't think it's this problem. The X52 joystick was working perfectly before the November 2015 update. 

Just when I thought it might be safe for me to upgrade to Win 10 and install the Saitek beta drivers; I read this. I'll have to find something else to do now on this dull, damp and drizzly morning ..... or my wife will have me cleaning something.

Saitek does know about this "new" problem? I contacted them but no answer.

I'll have to find something else to do now on this dull, damp and drizzly morning ..... or my wife will have me cleaning something.

LOL!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I managed to get it to work. Here's the solution...

Run the driver installer - the beta driver from the Madcatz site, then do as instructed and plug your X52 in. Let the installer run. Once Windows has completed its process, you'll need to go to device manager. From there, right click on the X52 (with the exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on it) and select 'Update Driver.'

This is the interesting bit. You'll need to choose 'Let me pick...' and then choose the first device - Generic USB Device or similar - NOT the X52 one. 

Your X52 will then be recognised by Windows 10 and your installer will continue with its installation process. You should now have a fully functioning X52 again :)

• Upvote 1

Here a clean installation solved the problem.

Thank you RoDuSu, your workaround solved same issue at my side! :)

I managed to get it to work. Here's the solution...

Run the driver installer - the beta driver from the Madcatz site, then do as instructed and plug your X52 in. Let the installer run. Once Windows has completed its process, you'll need to go to device manager. From there, right click on the X52 (with the exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on it) and select 'Update Driver.'

This is the interesting bit. You'll need to choose 'Let me pick...' and then choose the first device - Generic USB Device or similar - NOT the X52 one. 

Your X52 will then be recognised by Windows 10 and your installer will continue with its installation process. You should now have a fully functioning X52 again :)