Sign in to follow this  
CW46

Lear 35 revisions?

The updates to date have made good improvements since release, list of items to items to consider modifying based on V1.6 observations.

Should do:

Fuel flow is about 20% above actual values. Ran a endurance check and compared it to average hourly fuel consumption of real aircraft. Made a run at 37,000 and .77 with full wing and tip fuel from a startup and direct climb to altitude. Fuel exhaustion occurred at about 3:10 which shows an average consumption of 1555 lbs/hour or so from engine startup. A similar result based on observations from experience would produce an average flow around 1250 lbs/hr and endurance of about 4:00 hours with wing and tip fuel.The longest flight I made with a full fuel load was just over 5:00 landing with 800 lbs remaining.I think a reduction would produce a more realistic endurance time.Numbers presented are rounded off but good enough.

Eliminate the Mach Trim annunciator that appears at .69 mach when autopilot is not engaged.You can hand fly all day long above that speed and not see that indication as long as mach trim system is functioning.

Mach Mmo barber pole limit is not constant and displays a variable limit indication.I never saw that type of barber pole display in a Lear, it was a typically a small red line limit like the Vmo value is displayed. 

Consider:

Make the gear warning horn silence switch functional.It is commonly used when making small thrust changes during approach phase prior to gear down. It is a spring loaded switch so you can not silence it with one movement of the switch.If the horn sounds again you have to to silence it again.

Make the windshield heat switch illuminate the appropriate annunciator panel light when selected on. 

Fuel panel is much improved (close but no cigar), the standby fuel pump when activated would be barely audible when engines are not running, sounds like a loud jack hammer right now.No fuel panel indicator lights should be associated with the standby fuel pump switches (currently the jet pump indicator light comes on when activating a standby pump switch). 

The jet pump switches will not shutdown an engine when selected to off, only thrust lever cutoff position or pulling the engine fire handle can do that.

Pitch trim speed with flaps up is too fast, when using my controller pitch trim buttons to simulate autopilot pitch mode it is difficult to get a precise pitch change.In reality the actual aircraft pitch trim system operates at a reduced rate when flaps are up and has an audio "clicker" that sounds when pitch trim is in motion. 

Engine indicator parameters N1, N2 or ITT, fuel flows do not replicate what the actual engine values would be.I would assume consulting published data would be required to do that.

Gary Stewart

Thanks for the feedback. I think Markhas shown he wants to produce an aircraft that is as close to the real thing within the limits of the software. I finally have some free time this evening and will go over this list with Mark and see what we can whip up. Keep the feedback coming.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Mark and I have been talking for quite awhile now, and troubleshooting/tweaking things based on user input. Version 1.7 should be up shortly and I have a test flight waiting.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I have some feedback regarding the fuel system as well.  It appears the neither the jettison nor the crossfeed seem to work.  I have logged at least half hour working the fuel system looking at the shift-2 window.  I noticed the tip tank consumption rates don't seem to be affected by the jettison switch.  I also noticed I cannot correct fuel imbalances using the crossfeed switch and the standby pumps.  I get the proper arrow indication on the shift-2 window, but the fuel quantities still drop on both wing tanks.  I would assume the receiving wing tank's fuel quantity would stay the same as long as it's receiving fuel from the opposite tank...

Alan

Wow,

LJ35A is getting very very very precise.....   excellent feedback!   Glad to see so experienced people around the FSCommunity.   :dance:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Alan,

I have checked the fuel jettison and the cross flow and it is working when I have tested.I do not use the load manager function to adjust fuel loading, instead adjust using the fuel and payload function in the sim.Set up the wing fuel with an intentional fuel imbalance, open the cross flow and turn on the standby pump of the wing with more fuel.You will see the individual wing tank fuel levels change on the gauge by selecting the individual wing tank readings.When the balance is equal turn off the standby pump and close cross flow.The aircraft does not have a conventional "cross feed" system that allows selecting fuel from an opposite tank like is the norm in many twin engine aircraft.The cross flow valve just acts like a door either open or closed between the wings.Having the standby fuel pump on in the wing with more fuel with cause fuel to flow through the "open door" to the opposite wing.

The fuel jettison will not affect fuel consumption rate, it will allow dumping fuel from both tip tanks simultaneously by opening a valve at the rear of each tip tank. You will confirm this by seeing the total fuel  reading decrease as well as the individual tip tank levels using the fuel gauge positions.Try this without using the load manager function, fuel jettison and balancing should work if you have the latest version.

Gary Stewart

Alan,

I have checked the fuel jettison and the cross flow and it is working when I have tested.I do not use the load manager function to adjust fuel loading, instead adjust using the fuel and payload function in the sim.Set up the wing fuel with an intentional fuel imbalance, open the cross flow and turn on the standby pump of the wing with more fuel.You will see the individual wing tank fuel levels change on the gauge by selecting the individual wing tank readings.When the balance is equal turn off the standby pump and close cross flow.The aircraft does not have a conventional "cross feed" system that allows selecting fuel from an opposite tank like is the norm in many twin engine aircraft.The cross flow valve just acts like a door either open or closed between the wings.Having the standby fuel pump on in the wing with more fuel with cause fuel to flow through the "open door" to the opposite wing.

The fuel jettison will not affect fuel consumption rate, it will allow dumping fuel from both tip tanks simultaneously by opening a valve at the rear of each tip tank. You will confirm this by seeing the total fuel  reading decrease as well as the individual tip tank levels using the fuel gauge positions.Try this without using the load manager function, fuel jettison and balancing should work if you have the latest version.

What version? V1.7 got a whole new fuel system with more realism and i would say it's 95% like the real aircraft system. The only thing we could not add was if your transferring fuel from the center to wing and the wing is full it would normally fill the tip tanks. We did not do this as we have maxed out our options without conflicks.