Sign in to follow this  
alderon57

Open LC North America - impressions?

Why pick one over the other ?  I run BOTH and love them BOTH.  UTX USA only competes with VECTOR and I do NOT use that.  :wink:

WAT1460.png

I'm using UTX, open lc and global (no vector) and I have the night lighting.

Did you touch Lighting settings in UTX, or do you have them default?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I think it is very good and you get a lot of coverage - Alaska through Central America, Hawaii and the Caribbean.  Pretty good deal really.  I think we are at the point where Global, Vector and LC are essential for FSX or P3D.

I'm a convert from Vector to UTX v2, UTX looks better, more detailed at the same or marginally better performance in my case.

Dirk.

Why pick one over the other ?  I run BOTH and love them BOTH.  UTX USA only competes with VECTOR and I do NOT use that.  :wink:

I use both as well but I'm struggling to get them to work together.  Doesn't UTX now have it's own landclass as well?  I'm not sure which is better but I've heard good things about both.  Now if I could just get them to work properly.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I use both as well but I'm struggling to get them to work together.  Doesn't UTX now have it's own landclass as well?  I'm not sure which is better but I've heard good things about both.  Now if I could just get them to work properly.

You haven't stated what the problem is.  "Now if I could just get them to work properly"    :Confused:

WAT1460.png

You haven't stated what the problem is.  "Now if I could just get them to work properly"    :Confused:

I've got a thread up over on another board but I may throw one up on here as well.  Ignore the blurry textures that's a seperate issue that I'm working on.  But I'm trying to get them to layer correctly and I can't seem to do it (ie: all of these farm looking textures to the north and west of KLAS that are bleeding through what should be city).  By chance would you be able to show a screenshot of what KLAS and the surrounding area looks like with OpenLC and UTX (and FTX Global Base if you have it)?

attachment.php?attachmentid=193052&d=147

In your scenery library you should have airport and city scenery up top, then the LC, then vector (or UTX) then global or base below that. Is that what you have?

• Upvote 1

In your scenery library you should have airport and city scenery up top, then the LC, then vector (or UTX) then global or base below that. Is that what you have?

It is.  I've tried messing with it by disabling either OpenLC or UTX to see if there are any conflicts but it was mostly the same.  I also tried layering like suggested in the UTX manual (custom/urban UTX followed by OpenLC then vegetation UTX).  I believe that's what this screenshot is actually.  I'll verify when I get home in a couple of hours and post different shots of what it looks like with layering, OpenLC on top, and disabling one of them completely.

sfgiants13, on 15 Sept 2016 - 7:16 PM, said:

By chance would you be able to show a screenshot of what KLAS and the surrounding area looks like with OpenLC and UTX (and FTX Global Base if you have it)?

u0e1c.jpg

qov9d0.png

Please notice the UNCHECKED listings for UTX Vegetation and my previously installed 3rd party landclass products. I also insured all Landclass/Waterclass listings in the UTX Configurator tool are INACTIVE

WAT1460.png

Here's what it looks like for me with the options:

image.jpg

Untitled.jpg

And then with OpenLC disabled I believe this is how it should look (a bit hard to tell with the blurries that I'm still trying to fix)

Untitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

Here's with OpenLC enabled and UTX disabled

Untitled3.jpg

Can anyone give any feedback as regards to Orbx OpenLC North America v UTX USA?

I do most of my flying in North Central US and IMHO OpenLC NA does a much better job of dealing with the repetitive landclass textures present in FSX default, UTX, GEX, Scenery Tech, etc. 

All of which I own and have used in the past.

Ernest Pergrem

Please note the Library order if you combine UTX with a 3rd party's LC (ORBX is the best LC while UTXv2 is the best vector in my opinion). This is from  Nick_N:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE LAST:

THIS IS FOR ALL VERSIONS OF UTX.

IF YOU USE 3rd PARTY LANDCLASS WITH UTX

The urban/vegetation layer sandwich for landclass is universal to all UTX releases

After installing your secondary landclass files such as SceneryTech or Xclass, enter the scenery library through the FSX control panel, locate the landclass files you use and place them in the library list between the following UTX items:

UT LANDCLASS - Urban
LANDCLASS  X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)
LANDCLASS  Y <------------------|
LANDCLASS  Z <------------------|
UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation

Click OK and let the database build.

Also, always make sure the UTX scenery list item: UT Exclusions For Default Scenery   is listed BELOW the UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation layer in the scenery library which should be at the very bottom just before the FSX default scenery entries
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above should fix all your problems in the "sandwich". 

Dirk.

PS: see a lot of info here:   

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setup-utx-all-versions-update-new-lights settings_topic46147.html

That was how it was in the original image.  It went UTX custom, urban, the 4 OpenLC entries, then vegetation.  When I get home in a short while I'll take another screenshot of that and post my entire library.  Maybe there's something obvious that I have out of place and I'm not seeing it.  

Please note the Library order if you combine UTX with a 3rd party's LC (ORBX is the best LC while UTXv2 is the best vector in my opinion). This is from  Nick_N:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE LAST:

THIS IS FOR ALL VERSIONS OF UTX.

IF YOU USE 3rd PARTY LANDCLASS WITH UTX

The urban/vegetation layer sandwich for landclass is universal to all UTX releases

After installing your secondary landclass files such as SceneryTech or Xclass, enter the scenery library through the FSX control panel, locate the landclass files you use and place them in the library list between the following UTX items:

UT LANDCLASS - Urban
LANDCLASS  X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)
LANDCLASS  Y <------------------|
LANDCLASS  Z <------------------|
UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation

Click OK and let the database build.

Also, always make sure the UTX scenery list item: UT Exclusions For Default Scenery   is listed BELOW the UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation layer in the scenery library which should be at the very bottom just before the FSX default scenery entries
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above should fix all your problems in the "sandwich". 

Dirk.

PS: see a lot of info here:   

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setup-utx-all-versions-update-new-lights settings_topic46147.html

Don't do that with OpenLC NA though or you just overrode 13 Gb of custom textures. Disable UTX landclass entirely or don't spend the $$ on OpenLC, it just defeats the prupose.