Sign in to follow this  

AA 727 crashes FS2002

The AA 727 simply does not work any more.... When I press OK after selecting it, I get a bit of disk activity, then the hdd light just starts blinking about every second, and FS2002 stops responding..... Ctrl-alt-delete is able to close it.....This is using Windows XP, nothing out of the ordinary running in the background......Can anyone help? This is one of my favorite planes... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hey stone,i've expirienced something like this before, but the preblem was with the panel, and soon as I changed, the problem gone!Have you changed the panel? Or is the same before the crashs.

Martoni

It did work before.... Dunno what I did to break it..... It worked straight out of the zip file before, but it didn't this time.....If I can find another decent 727 panel, I'll try replacing it.......

If you refering to the 727ADV panel and AA727 Package. I found the fuel gauge was causing FS2002 and WinXP to crash on me. It's located on the fuels panel I believe. Once I removed it, the plane flew great with no more crashes.

Yes, it's the American 727 Advanced package..... I completely removed the fuel window and now it works fine. Thanks :)Dunno why it worked before and suddenly stopped working.... Maybe I installed something else that is incompatible with it.....

I read somewhere that if you overwrite a gauge that you already have, it can cause that problem. The reason being is that the new gauge, even though it has the same name, may have been altered by the panel maker and therefore it is not compatable with the original panel that worked before. Don't know how true that is, but I have had panels go bad too and that sounds as good a reason as any. Now I don't overwrite any gauges I have so I don't mess up the panels I already have. maxsdad

There is a very easy fix for this.1. Open the Panel folder inside of the B727-200 American folder.2. Open the Panel.cfg file.3. Scroll down to [window4] and comment-out the first guage line as shown in the example below....// gauge00=cf722RKG_fuelstat!FuelStatusSq_turbine_wide, 35,15,230,72 That's itRick

It usually only applies to those that are running WindowsXPRick