Sign in to follow this  
RobertVdb

Choosing any PMDG plane throws me out FS9

Guest Bob Kellett

OK, I just tried removing the latest NavData AIRAC 312 from it's folder. The PMDG 737 loaded perfectly!! That tells me that there is definately something wrong with the latest AIRAC files. Anyone have any input here?? Thanks.Kevin Kelletthttp://www.opticsmall.com/VirtualAlaska/737700-.jpg

Ready...FIRE...aim...No, Bob, I disagree. I've had startup and initialization problems with the PSS A330 and the Flight1 Piper Meridian in FS9 as well. In every case, loading a default MSFS bird first-thing at startup cleared the problem. There is quite a bit of traffic out on the various forums about oddities of FS9 situation saves and cfg files.Some (typically more advanced) planes may be more susceptible to this problem. Perhaps you could direct some of that anger to MS and convince them to provide timely and useful SDK support to the developers so they can live up to your (unrealistic) high expectations??RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I have midair crashes back to desktop with update 1.2 that I didn't have with 1.1. I tried removing the AIRAC altogether, but I still get crashes.So there must be something else as well.

Jan,Try deleting the stored state files for all three 737 models. Go to c/documents&settings/owner/applicationdata/microsoft/FS9 and locate the aircarft folder(the application data folder is hidden so enable hidden files). Find the folders for the PMDG 600/700 and 700 winglet and go in and delete the .ste files inside each of the folders and then try again. Also make sure you are not getting the fall scenery texture crash for Fall textures in FS9. Change your season to summer and let us know what you findRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Bob Kellett

I wish I could say the same! It STILL doesn't work right! So far on this forum I have heard Microsoft, WinZip, fall textures, winter textures, AIRAC files, FSUIPC versions, Active Sky, and a host of others ALL blamed for PMDG not loading correctly and crashing to the desktop! I bought a new Dell computer, maybe it's their fault. I also cannot get autoland to work at all, even though I have followed all manuals to the letter! Never had this problem with SU1. In fact I never had any of these problems with SU1! I REALLY wish I had saved it because that is what I would be flying right now! Between the download fiasco, the host of problems with SU2 that seem to be plauging many people on this forum, and a total lack of support by PMDG on the CTD issue, right about now all I would like is to get my $39 back! PMDG I have gone from one of your biggest fans and supporters to an extremely dissatisfied and frustrated one.Bob Kelletthttp://www.opticsmall.com/VirtualAlaska/737700-.jpg

Bob,Can I safely assume you deleted the files I told you about? I personally had this problem and this was the cure. Paul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Bob Kellett

Paul, I deleted the files you mentioned, still doesn't work.Bob Kellett

Paul,In the folders you refer to I only find files with names State.CFG. I deleted them. That in itself made no difference. Subsequently I changed to a summer night flight and then it worked.Apparently this issue is location dependent (as I saw in a few other mails). I had it happen on a trip from LFMN to EGKK on the UM733 between Barro and Oktet, 7nm inbound Oktet.I have Airac 312 active.It also worked for me when I started with the Cessna and then switched to the 737.

Some further comments and observations:It appeared that I was NOT using AIRAC 312 in the previous one.I did a new flight from EGKK to EDDM:First attempt:Winter scenery/AIRAC 312 in use/started with Cessna/LNAV-VNAVFlight suspended and resumed/FMC reloadedBack to desktop within a minute after resume (near SPI)Second attempt:Fresh start with Cessna from EGKK/AIRAC 312/FMC loaded again/LNAV-VNAV/Winter sceneryAfter reaching cruising altitude moved A/C to 5 nm inbound SPIFlight continued correctly for some 10 min, then crash to desktopThird attempt:Resume autosaved "second attempt"Change A/C to standard FS9 737Back to desktop within a minuteFourth attempt:Update 1.2 uninstalled, update 1.1 installedAutosave flight from attempt 2 resumedBack to desktop within a minuteFifth attempt:Same as attempt 4 with AIRAC 312 removed

>Some further comments and observations:>>It appeared that I was NOT using AIRAC 312 in the previous>one.>>I did a new flight from EGKK to EDDM:>>First attempt:>Winter scenery/AIRAC 312 in use/started with Cessna/LNAV-VNAV>Flight suspended and resumed/FMC reloaded>Back to desktop within a minute after resume (near SPI)>>Second attempt:>Fresh start with Cessna from EGKK/AIRAC 312/FMC loaded>again/LNAV-VNAV/Winter scenery>After reaching cruising altitude moved A/C to 5 nm inbound>SPI>Flight continued correctly for some 10 min, then crash to>desktop>>Third attempt:>Resume autosaved "second attempt">Change A/C to standard FS9 737>Back to desktop within a minute>>Fourth attempt:>Update 1.2 uninstalled, update 1.1 installed>Autosave flight from attempt 2 resumed>Back to desktop within a minute>>Fifth attempt:>Same as attempt 4 with AIRAC 312 removedSystem frozeSixth attempt:New flight started with 1.1 from EGKK, after cruising altitude move aircraft to SPI, no AIRACBack to desktopSeventh attempt:Flight reloaded from autosave attempt 6Season to summerI made it to EDDM!!!!!Conclusion: both fall and winter stink???>

It's really odd as I have just done a short trip using default fall textures without any problem. I did have problems previously with add-on textures which were swiftly removed as they crashed back to desktop whatever the season or 'plane