Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

Landing on the centerline???

EKR....Please send me the air fix so that I may also enjoy a centerline approach..petercosborn@hotmail.comThank you..I'll test 'er out and let you know how it turned out.Thanks

Peter Osborn

Guest eker

Randy.In the heat of the discussion I am afraid that you probably mixed a few facts.Autoland - On roll out you must disconnect A/P to steer off centerline (into a high speed turn off)(Guess that what you had in mind?)The 400/500 the aircraft will track centerline down to 60 knots - then you are able to turn off with A/P engaged. I admit I have only tested this in a real 400/500 simulator. But a well qualified guess I think the same figures are valid for NG.............. Give the last word to you -Randy..Randy.Sometimes you give me the IMPRESSION that the SU2 is perfect and final patch. We both knows that this is not true.I beg you to try Alex`air. file. It suits my kind of flying and joystick cal. perfect. I did not say it is perfect - not the PMDG either. Try to induce a dutch roll with Y/D off with both air.files? We should not waste time and fps to copy Marchetti SF260 perfect aerodynamics - but hope you see my point.Let us all pull in the same direction - to the final patch. Alex air. file is a good starting point for the next patch.With respect to all good work beta testers has done so far.eker

Eker, I have talked with Alex in private. I was not talking about the PMDG NG but the real NG and this was not even the discussion here (AP OFF keeping the bird centerline) but AP must be turned off after landing manually. Not that some folks are not having some type of latter T/D control issue. You must be aware that at least one beta guy was a AS2 beta tester and most WERE using real weather for flying. Also, you seem to imply that the beta testers are some how the developers which they are not. We simply fly the aircraft and report issues that we find need attention. We certainly could have kept SU2 for another 5 years and never be 100% perfect. So some things must be expected. The team is made up of a number of hard core simmers, pilots etc. Since it is x-mas time, we have not had a chance to look at some things as a team, this will change soon after the holidays. It would be nice if you and Alex describe the issue clearly and then state what you did to fix it. 20 posts with different sytems, add-on weather running etc is difficult to narrow down just what the issue is. Thanks[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Iz

Guys --Eker, to my knowledge, there are almost no 737NGs with CATIIIb ILS capability, which indeed requires ROLLOUT guidance. I know that Boeing has developed a newer autopilot that does provide this but almost no operator in the world has them installed.This means that 'normal' 737NGs are CATIIIa certified which also means there is NO ROLLOUT guidance. They are a fail passive system design instead of fail operational, as required with CATIIIb approaches.Alex, if you check the PMDG737, you'd see that there's no ROLLOUT annunciation on the FMA either and no LAND3/LAND2 indication either (which IS present in CATIIIb certified 737s).If the PMDG manual states that they are CATIIIb capable and will track the localizer down the runway, the manual is wrong (I haven't read it though), at least for the model simulated.On an autoland approach in the 737NG (and PG), there is a yellow SINGLE CHANNEL annunciation above the attitude indicator, which replaces CMD. CMD is then annunciated when the second autopilot kicks in, which is some time after glide slope capture.This is not correct the PMDG737, which almost immediately annunciates CMD again after LOC capture (oh well).Eker, I wonder what type of autopilot upgrades you have on the 400/500. Do you actually get an annunciation of rollout? Because it requires the autopilot to be able to steer the nosewheel, which 'normal' 737s (including NGs) don't have, only after mod to CATIIIb, which I was told was only available on NGs, and then it provides rollout control up to a full stop on the runway (like on the other Boeings).Iz

"there is a yellow SINGLE CHANNEL annunciation above the attitude indicator, which replaces CMD. CMD is then annunciated when the second autopilot kicks in, which is some time after glide slope capture.This is not correct the PMDG737, which almost immediately annunciates CMD again after LOC capture (oh well)." The SINGLE CHANNEL should remain untill the second AP engages, not simply when arming it (pushing the second AP button), correct. After G/S captures it is correct to display CMD then..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest A321

May I Please have the Modified 737-600 / 700 Air Files Please Alex.Jason

Guest eker

Hi Iz.No roll out announcement - agree. As I said, admit that I have not tried a full movement 737NG sim - just a fixed base maintenance sim. (give you the point :-) ).............Randy wrote:> It would be nice if you and Alex describe the issue clearly>and then state what you did to fix it. 20 posts with different>sytems, add-on weather running etc is difficult to narrow down>just what the issue is. Here is the issue:Manual landing - A/P A/T off. It is hard to track centerline. (Pitch OK). Feels like an unwanted yaw, unable to correct.Dell 2.8. ATI 9700 pro. FSUIC.dll full ver. Wingman joystick - forceF. disabled. Realweather.I am not into programming - I do not know what Alex did to fix it. You must ask him. But I am very satis. with his air. file......Glad to hear that Alex and you had a private chat! Really good news.Now it is X-mas holiday -off duty. Signing off to do some serious flying next 72 hrs. Sorry if I have been a pain in the .... for you betatesters lately. eker:-)eker

Me too please Alexukflight@btopenworld.comThanks and a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Guest eker

Alex.I have taken care of pilots above.(Edit) Hope one or two of you can share the bombardment of requests that will certainly come. Alex airfile will grow very popular I guess.But give credit to Alex - please - if you distribute them.You may contact me in "profile" on heading - still capable to send a copy of Alex files. :-)eker

Guest Just747-400

Hi Folks,I just spoke with our Boeing technical supervisor, which he is 737 NG, qualified.I said that could not believe that, the A/C is not capable to track the centerline, (I was wrong) the A/P has to be disconnected after landing, will not track.He was mentioning that they have on same airplanes HUD and takes them down to CAT III B operations. It is very different from our 744

Guest Andrew Potts

Everyone - a few points!I fly both the -300 and -700 for a living, but like to play on these sims every so often...Alex,The 737 is cat 3a (with 2 ap/s) and so will provide a fail passive system down to touchdown, at which point you have to disconnect and roll out by hand. It has no centreline guidance system (and both our 300's and 700's are exactly the same).Rudder usage and handling in the real NG:You never touch the rudder in the air (ignoring assymetric ops). In the landing flare you can use the rudder to remove drift (winter ops can be different), with no more than 5 deg AOB.Rudder usage and handling in the PMDG sim:The handling of the PMDG aircraft is pretty similar to the real thing. On my setup, the sim rudder is too powerful, the roll is perfect and the pitch is not sensitive enough. The engines are too responsive and there is not quite enough pitch/power couple. The flaps also move too quickly. But it is pretty good. I just tried a couple of approaches, one with a 15kt xwind and one at a/c limits, 36kt. I could accurately flare and line the a/c up, but on touchdown the a/c shot off INTO wind. Far too much weather #### I suspect (could this be because FS9 is more suited to a C152?) Bit odd compared to reality, since the normal problem is being blown downwind. Something is not right, but then nearly every sim I've flown (including the ZFT 300 and 700 sims at GECAT and Alteon) have slightly odd behaviour on the runway.Other things:I read on here complaints about how poor the a/p is. This is an accurate representation! On the 300 this morning, It quite happily got all confused and gave me an overspeed! We also always fly the last 1000' of a climb in VS (at 1000 fpm or so), not just to avoid TCAS warnings, but also to "help" the poor old a/p.Andrew

I seem to be having problems getting the NG to line up with the runway during approach.The NG seems to " yaw" hard ...and Im having to apply alot of rudder and alierons to get near the centerline....and even then its diffucult.EVEN DURING ZERO WIND CONDITIONS. Wind seems to be irrelavant for some reason.I do remeber having this problem before with the prior version.Although it seems as if only in FS9....Anyone else having this problem?Anyone know if this is a problem?? If not...please tell me how to properly land this " bird"?I would certainly appreciate it!Happy HoildaysDo the real NG's

Peter Osborn

Alex, [h2]You are in violation of PMDG's End User License Agreement[/h2] if you distribute PMDG files, modified or otherwise,There is no way for you to verify if anyone making requests of you are actual PMDG customers and even if they were, you are not authorized to distribute PMDG copywrited material.I strongly urge you NOT distribute any modified files!Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg