Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

Landing on the centerline???

Guest ilh

Can you fly straight and level hands off (no A/P)? If not, you might have some joystick/yoke/pedals calibration issue if you're pulling to one side or the other.Are your throttle levers "synchronized"? Are both N1 reacting in sync?I ask because I haven't had any such issues in FS9.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Yes I think it may be calibration issues!It makes sense to me now Thank you very much....

Peter Osborn

has to be your stick. I lande dit in seattle yesterday with a 15 knot cross...autopilot preformed flawlessGary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintergary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

What do you use now Randy?

Peter Osborn

Well, I think I have the same kind of problems. After calibrating ..still had the problem.What are my options?IS there a better flight yoke than the CH PRO USB?

Peter Osborn

Guest rugerdog

Wow, I have the exact same problem here too. I seems like when I touch down the 737 Yaws hard and I have to fight it to stay on the runway. I'm using a Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 digital joystick and it seems to be calibrated perfectly.Who is able to track centerline on landing and what kind of joystick/yoke are you using? Man I'd really like to know.

Guest eker

Yes - something weird here. Changing heading with rudder - but track still the same. Just like skidding on ice. Moving "outboard" wing into the wind should lift it up and turn the aircraft.eker

Guest eker

Think I got a solution:Calibrate joystick rudder to a minimum.Add a few knots to landing speed. Nail the runway centerline to rain repell nozzle. (The little piece in lower window frame).Keep it glued with AILERON ADJUSTMENT ONLY!!Avoid rudder input!!!eker

Guest Just747-400

>Think I got a solution:>Keep it glued with AILERON ADJUSTMENT ONLY!!>>Avoid rudder input!!!>>ekerNot to get in a contest here, but you should be able to use rudder and aileron input.If you would fly the MS737 (either MS2002 of FS9) you would have none of these problems, so obvious is a little bug somewhere. Initially I was suspecting the MDL file but that was not the case, I downloaded the Aircraft Airfile Manager from http://www.aircraftmanager.com/modules.php...showpage&pid=11 and I was able after a few modifications to completely get control on maintaining the aircraft on centerline (A/P off) in crosswind conditions up to 30 knots.Right know I am working on the 700 version to fix the same issue.Regards,Alex :-)

Guest eker

Thank you Alex. You are right - but I tried to find a way to avoid this bug. Seems that all the beta testers has flown with autoland or in calm weather.My way of flying is to disconnect A/P A/T when established ILS. This bug ruin a lot of fun. It is a great plane and I am willing put a lot of effort to bring back the satisfaction of perfect manual landing.BUTI have no idea how to change config file or whatever it is. I know how to turn on the computer and select fs2004 -thats it.So could please advice how to do it or send a copy of your file?thanks ;-)eker

Guest Just747-400

>So could please advice how to do it or send a copy of your>file?>>thanks ;-)>>ekerIt would be my pleasure to help.Just give me a few hours, I have to go out, and I will be back later.Give me your e-mail and I will send you the file with modifications, only for the 600, as I mentioned before I am working on the 700 and am not ready yet.Regards,Alex :-)

While we're on the subject of joysticks, etc. - I am having an awful time trying to get my new joystick to work with the new SU2. It worked FLAWLESSLY with the forst release of the 737. It seems that every time I put the plane on autopilot, the slightest quick motion left or right, up or down will disengage VNAV, LNAY, heading & Altitude. In the first version, selecting autopilot made it so the joystick became disabled until the A/P was disconnected again. Is this normal? Is it a bug? The only way I can seem to get it to sort of work is to disable the FOrce Feedback feature. I am using a Saitek Cyborg 3D Joystick. It is only 3 months old, I have the latest drivers, etc. Again - it worked FINE with the first release. I only have this problem with SU2.Thanks all.Chris

Guest cola

>Yes - something weird here. Changing heading with rudder ->but track still the same. Just like skidding on ice. Moving>"outboard" wing into the wind should lift it up and turn the>aircraft.>>ekerHi,same problem here. You have to disconnect A/P to avoid this "bug".In Ver. 1.1 this was not the case.C. Lazzari