Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

Landing on the centerline???

Guest eker

Sorry PMDG - blame me and not Alex. Hope you understand my urge to share his good tweak of your 737NG. Since your air.file was open I thought that Alex` file was legal.I will ask you guys above not redistribute this file - in respect of Alex and PMDG.eker

Alex,I initially made the same mistake in thinking that since the NG is one of Boeing's newest aircraft, it must have all the features of the previous planes, namely the 757/767, which I'm most familiar with - WRONG! As a few of our real world NG pilots on the beta team said, they often wish the NG did have some of the features from the older planes! Off the top of my head a few things I can think of would be NAV radio autotuning, rollout mode on the autolands, and a few FMC features...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest fturner

Alex,Can you share with us what you did to fix this problem? NOT the files.Of course the alternative is to grab the default 737 files, update them to work nicely with the PMDG panel, and you could release those to the public and not violate any EULA's except Microsoft's, which EVERYONE out there does anyway, including PMDG (afterall, where did the original aircraft.cfg and air file and the format of these files come from?)PMDG,Not trying to cause trouble here, but in reality, as far as the aircraft.cfg file and the air file goes, it would be VERY hard to claim copyright protection on these files. Mainly because I would not be surprised that these came from either the original B737 files or the sample default ones that come with FS, which in this case, would be a violation of Microsoft's EULA if I'm not mistaken. Now, in the case of mdl files, gauge files, wave files, and bitmaps.... then you have a major advantage on your hands to protect your property. Why? Because you generated these files from scratch from your own sources (I would hope ;-) ).Since Alex was blatantly told he violated the license, then for starters I would suggest PMDG be consistant and go after alot of project magenta users as your air file, aircraft.cfg file, and even the panel.cfg file have been modified and emailed to others to merge PM with your product. This is blatantly obvious by the discussions in their forums.After all, fair is fair :)best regardsFraser

Guest Just747-400

Fraser,Unfortunately, this is going in the wrong direction.I did not sell or published the .air file; just I did indeed compare with the original of the Microsoft B737 and just adjust the vertical rudder inputs. As I remember correctly, Microsoft supplied a program part of the package called FS2002 Edit, which does the same thing as I did. Gives the opportunity to the customer to adjusts different variables of the AIR and Config file, there are lots of people which publish different variations and tweaks to their taste, which I did not publish anywhere nor make any money out of it.Contrary, I made a statement in one of my posts to the nature of:

Guest fturner

Alex,Its unfortunate that conditions nowadays have people in fear helping other people out because someone out there is sure to blast you and your generosity out of the water.And yet there is so much knowledge etc out there that will benefit many others.Its a shame really.........Fraser

Guest eker

I know when to retreat. Think I leave this forum to PMDG beta -testersNothing gained - nothing lost. Except Alex`air file :-)Merry X-mas to you all.ekersigning off (it is just a game) ;-)

Guest Hagar

I just wanna pop in and say Merry Cristmas to all of you. (bigangel)(Letter sent from a safe BUNKER, stored with Hot Dogs ;)

Guest fturner

Oh Oh!!!!!!Me hear roar of 8 eng.........oh boy.....that can only be a buff!!!!!!Me hear whistling....it can only......... :-eek bunker buster enroute................ Hope those hot dogs are good...........

Guest Vitold

>I know when to retreat. Think I leave this forum to PMDG beta>-testers>>Nothing gained - nothing lost. Except Alex`air file :-)>>Merry X-mas to you all.>>eker>>signing off (it is just a game) ;-)Very well said!Vitold

Guest rugerdog

Can you please send me a copy of your modifications as well? The PMDG 737 has a huge bug regarding landing roolout dynamics

*sighs* and what *bug* is that James? Maybe you missed the posts in this thread? Funny when even REAL 737 pilots correct this misunderstanding there are always those who think they know better eh? 737's DO NOT TRACK THE CENTER LINE, how much more clear can one be? Alex's fix, although well intentioned, fixes something that's not broke. Now, that's not to say that some folks have a THROTTLE issue upon touchdown, this is different and does not have to do with the airfile since you are in FACT NOT FLYING on the ground..And more one thing James, PLEASE do not ask for PMDG's files to be sent you, you are welcome for them to tell you how to change it but the files are off limits for files transfers.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Lars K. R.

Is there any chance to get this altered *.air file? I would like to try it and compare it with the original PMDG *.air file... If someone could send it to me, I would be grateful. :)Mail: lroenesNO@SPAMpolitiet.net (remove the NO SPAM)Best RegardsLars

NO ONE can transfer PMDG's FILES. Please do not ask for files, you are not allowed to send or request PMDG's copyrighted material. If you want to change this then please ask what they changed and do it yourself. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Lars K. R.

Ok then, WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN THE AIR FILE, AND HOW DID YOU DO IT? I cant really see the diffrence of transferring the file, and doing it yourelf, but ok.. I'll do it myself....Best regards