Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

ILS Frequencies and autoland?!

I was wondering if there is a way to get the ILS freq. for a runway you are going to land on?Also on that note, how would I go about doing an autoland?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I was wondering if there is a way to get the ILS freq. for a>runway you are going to land on?Yes. You should get that when you flightplan.>Also on that note, how would I go about doing an autoland?Have you tried my tutorial? That should show you how to go about doing an autoland in a 'controlled enviornment', and you can take it from there. :)

If you open the map display (I think Map is on the World menu bar at the top) and select the airport you want, it will list all the details about the airport; runways, ILS freqs etc.As for autoland, this seems to work fine for me: set the ILS freqs to both Nav 1 and Nav 2. When you press the APPR button to arm the approach mode, also activate the other autopilot (so you have BOTH CMD A and B active. Note you can only do this when actually recieving the signals from the ILS). The plane should autoland fine.-Phil

And there is also www.fscharts.com which contains basic charts and full details of ILS, runway lengths and one or two other bits of information. You need to create a username and password for this FREE site.I print out the details and keep them in a folder for future use.