Sign in to follow this  
Guest vholland

Sounds with the 737NG

Help!I really love this plane but I'm almost unable to use it do to living constraints and the sounds it produces, mainly the beeping.Is there any way to point me in the right direction on how to disble sounds with this aircraft. I don't want to mute the entire system due to FSHotseat, but that's what I've had to do while I get use to this product. I at least need to know which guage is producing the beeping on taxi.Thanks--Van Holland

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hi,I think the beeping is happening during taxi because you are going over 40% N1, all those noises it makes are what the real thing does. (the clicking noise when the battery is on, the fan noises).Andrew

you can disable cockpit sounds by going to the PMDG menu in FS then styles. I had the same problem, this should solve most of you problems.

You really shouldn't be getting any beeping. If you are getting the takeoff warning horn on the ground, just get your plane into the proper takeoff configuration (drop the flaps to 5) and it will stop complaining.Patrick

Van... Use less thrust for taxy (for safety sake) or reconfigure your aircraft for takeoff. The (real) Takeoff Config Warning is only activated above a thrust lever angle of about 20 degrees i.e. about 1/3rd of full thrust lever movement.Cheers.Ian.

My taxi speed isn't a problem. I'm finding more that it has to do with flap configuration during the landing taxi. I'm guessing I can't come to the gate with full flaps up.I also gather that you can't start on the active if you're testing out certain airports for runway length.I think I've found a balance between my laptop volume, the PMDG volume, and FSHotseat's volume that's tolerable to those around me.I'd still like to just kill the horn. ;)Anyway, thanks to everyone for the input.--Van Holland

Exiting the runway with flaps extended will generally result in a rather hostile reception!ScottYBTL (temporarily in YSSY)

I actually knew that, or rather read it in one of the tutorials. I assume that means flaps full.What I meant was is that I exit the runway, come to a complete stop, check spoilers, flaps, and breaks, and get instructions to the gate. At that point, if I don't have the slats extended (1-5), the infernal horn goes off.Am I missing something?--Van Holland

You're just giving it too much thrust to taxi and it thinks you are trying to take off again! :) Altho it is somewhat annoying (yet realistic), just taxi with less throttle movement.Patrick

I'm going to do some short hops today with it to double check, but I can almost promise you I'm coming in at 15 knots or less. Taxi speed limits are a real pain and I usually hit Shift Z there to make sure Bob (FSHotseat) doesn't whine. ;)I'm wondering after having slept on it if I missed something else, if I am supossed to come in full flaps up. Anyway, I'm going to mess with it more later today and I'll report back.Thanks for all the input!--Van Holland

they dont mean speed....its the amount of N1 you are using to get rolling.Keep it low and it wont beepGary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintergary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

just curious, why is it a no no to exit the runway with flaps down?billg

>Help!>>I really love this plane but I'm almost unable to use it do to>living constraints and the sounds it produces, mainly the>beeping.>Completely different angle from the other replies, but have you tried using a pair of headphones? I often use them to avoid inflicting my noise upon others, and frankly I find the experience more immersive that way.Just my

Yes, I've been wondering about that too. In fact, I'm not even sure it's entirely true. As far as I know flaps are retracted during taxi, after leaving the runway.Boeing FCTM:When clear of the active runway, the pilot taxiin positions the speed brake lever to the DOWN detent and the pilot not taxiing accomplishes the following:SPEED BRAKE lever verify DOWNFLAP lever UPetc.Leo Bakker

Logical Question.I have family members ill and cranky and need to be able to hear in the next room. Also the ill and cranky part is why the beep is especially intolerable. BTW: It's a laptop that's not running external speakers.I'm now getting the beeping sound whenever I start the battery and go to ground power. I'm going to bouble check that throttles are truly at idle and I'll get back with ya'll.--Van Holland

Just FYI, leaving the runway and taxing to the gate with flaps in the full down position is another indication of a possible hijacking. Just like using the word Trip is another. You will never or at least you shouldn't ever hear the word trip uttered by either ATC or Pilots. Just FYIDon Harrison

Hej Van HollandI have to support you !!!the beeping is a pain for mee too. I can avoid it when taxiing, but during TO its just unbearable. Im sure no 737 jockey would accept this kind of noice during TO in real life. A sure treath for security.Using headphones ect. is not the way, so again, can someone come up with a waterproof solution.Best regards and happy New Year to AllJP ;o)

JP,If it's beeping during takeoff, then the takeoff config is wrong - either the parking brakes are on, or the flaps aren't set correctly.IRL they don't have the beep unless they're doing something wrong ;)

Hej Ian, thanks for reply.The problems is, anyhow, that trim, flaps, trust etc is ok, and it goes with our without FMC. When airborne the terrible blipping stops.I know this bird (DF etc) because i have flown them houndres of hours, and i dident have the prob before SU2.Best Regards JP ;o)

Could it possibly have something to do with the auto brake? You are supposed to set it to RTO before pushback and keep it that way until airbourne???? Im not completely sure but maybe thats the problem....Interesting about the Flaps down= problem when they are deployed after landing... is it similar to Squaking 7700 in the Transponder?Cheers,Ryan

Hello RyanIm aware of the RTO setting, but found out that prob. has something to do with checking the Spoilers/speedbrakes in preflight prep.if you do that, the terrible beeping dosent stop before you are airborne, no matter they are in detent during TO. Maybee a bug, maybee as in a real 737NG, i dont know. I would like to hear if it works same way for others ??.(Re squawking. 7700 is Emergency / 7500 is Hijacking / 7600 radioOut)Thanks for reply, take care JP ;o)