Sign in to follow this  
Guest N757PM

6/7/8/900 TCAS and WX Radar

I know that the 800/900 variants will incorporate TCAS and WX Radar technology. That being said, after the release of the 800 and 900 will the 600/700 be patched to incorporate TCAS and WX Radar also?Thanks, Jase Traylor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jase,Actually, if I understand correctly, when you buy the 800/900, it will automatically update the 600/700 because they'll use the same panel, or something to that effect.Sorry if I can only supply speculation :)

Correct. If you buy the 800/900, then your 600/700 will be updated with the latest functinality, including TCAS :)

Okay now I'm confused...are you saying that wx radar and TCAS is not going to be implemented into the 800/900 or just that it might not be backwards compatible with the 600/700?RegardsMikkel

>and WX radar too?I have not seen PMDG state that they will do a WX radar(I could be wrong, and would not be suprised...) I do not presume to be able to speak for PMDG, but anything is possible :)

the TCAS is 100% a sure thing, as the the weather radar, we will just have to see how it works out, PMDG have not said anything new about this feature but what has been said was that IF it can be done correctly, it will be on the 800-900. Anything that is done for the 800-900 will work with the 600-700 if one purchases the package...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

I read somewhere that PMDG recommend that we dont use third party weather addons such as Active Sky (correct me if Im wrong). So if thats the case, there isnt much point in a WX Radar.Ryan

Randy,I have not heard anything on the BBJ for along time. Could you personally confirm this is still a planned project and in the works?

Paul,This isn't a place for a beta tester to speak up and and 'yes or no'(we know what you guys know), so I would wait until a member of PMDG says 'yes or no'.

First of all, I only speak as to what I know or have been told, if I am guessing you will know about it, I have not been wrong so far with my tarot cards lol. I have not heard anything that has been changed in regards to the BBJ. I know Vin has stated that nothing has changed to it being still on the slab for production..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Boeing Business Jet.Basically a 737-700 with a few additional lumps and bumps and a slightly different cockpit. :)

>Basically a 737-700 with a few additional lumps and bumpsAnd one of those additional lumps and bumps is the wing of the bigger -800 :)Markus

...and why is that. So unless you are using a third party weather add-on you are flying in clear weather?I wouldn't mind waiting for the PMDG team to get a working weather radar and TCAS instead of just a TCAS.Mikkel

i hope that apart from the major updates mentioned above. PMDG does not forget things such as the IRS, (full with aft OVHD panel, the blank DUs while the system aligns), that better pedestal i have wished for since i bought the NG (where is the multitude of dials, knobs etc that we see in the VC?); 2D cockpit pedestal only has some (and not even all) basics!...when was the last time you needed rudder trim???;)Please hear me out!!!:D

Oh guys, I really hope PMDG implements a weather radar for SU3, I've been so used to flying with FS Flightmax in FS2002 and I really miss since I'm one that likes to download weather from the internet and having it displayed for you in the cockpit brings realism to the next level.Looking forward to seeing it.David

As if I don't already fly this awesome plane enough (about 4 hours a day now, on average ... yikes) I think I will be glued permanently to my computer chair if/when the plane gets TCAS and WX radar. :)

Man!!...I hope they can do something like this or I'll have to get that one, looks like it could fit well with the panel too.Mikkel