Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Is it too late to ask?

Hi guys,I was wondering if I could put in 2 requests for the upcoming 800-900. Sorry for bugging you in the eleventh hour.1. Can we have a configuration editor, so that we can choose the seating layout to our specs? XX number of seats for business, XXX number of seats for Economy. For example, as I will only be flying the Jet Airways livery, I would like to configure the seating as 28/126 like the real a/c.2. A seperate model file which will get rid of the control coloumn in VC mode? It overlaps the FMS control unit and I find it hard to input data as some of the keys are not visible and a portion of the screen is obscured as well.Hopefully you could incorporate this in the future for the whole NG series.Looking lovely so far.Cheers,Dinshaw

Dinshaw (is that your real name?)-you can edit the LoadManager.ini file which resides in the PMDG folder, for seating arrangements. Please keep in mind that we will offer no support for "tweaked" .ini files, so do that but always back up your original, and don't blame us if anything goes wrong, OK?As for #2, it's already being tested - no promises, but we'll do our best.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I'm sure real pilots don't moan about removing the control column to get better access to the fmc :-lolNice option :-)

Alaister Kay

Lefteris,Yup, that's my real name :D Thanks for the info on the .ini file. Do I just change the figure above the disclaimer for the max in coach and economy only?Vin,Looks great without the coloumn. Far more practical too. Thanks. :)Alaister,I think they did the shifting of the control coloumn about 15 years ago. I think the company was called Airbus. heheh :-lolThanks guys for the response,Dinshaw (I swear its the truth!)

Guest georg

I think that I will not need this feature. No offence, but it looks better with the yoke :-).

Guest HepburnUGA

If you use ActiveCamera, you could give my solution a try. Push 6 on the keypad to move your "body" to the right just a bit.Use the mouse to look down towards the FMC, and zoom in a bit.Assign a key press to save the view. Voila!When I push ctrl-2 it looks like my pilot "head" leans to the right and forward to get a better look at the FMC. Works for me...If I get a chance later on I will post a screenshot, and you can see if you like it.Take care!

Cool feature... can be helpful sometimes...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest fssimulator

:-lol So now we can get the feel of being in an Airbus cockpit too! :(

sorry to but in, but this is very good news!!! im all for realism but lets face it, its not as easy to move around in a vc as it is in real life, this is a good moveciao!Brian S

Ciao!