Sign in to follow this  
Guest benw

Which aircraft would you like to see PMDG model next?

Guest speight

For me it just has to be the one and only;Boeing 7E7 ER With outstanding performance beyond any other civil aircraft. The engines are real monsters - Gigantic CFM-GE-90's with almost 50 tons of static thrust each, makes this a pretty unique bird.Recent tests it flew 7 hours on one engine!

Guest Ross

>I am surprised that so many people are rooting for the 777,>especially because PMDG is already working on a 747-400, which>has a VERY close cockpit configuration with the 777, and the>current 737NG for that matter.. Also, PSS (not that I am a>huge PSS fan, but they are going to upgrade their 777 one of>these days after the Corcord project I imagine.) There aren't>any good Airbus's out there that simulate all the systems very>well, including PSS's. Airbus would provide PMDG with a real>good challenge.. PMDG could produce a dynamite A320/330/340>etc.. Or whichever one they choose.. I wasn't a huge Airbus>fan until I flew on one.. They are great airplanes, and truly>different to fly than any other airplane.>>My vote is for an Airbus A320 or A330/340.>>-KevinKevin,While the 777 flightdeck may look similar to that of the 747-400, the aircraft systems are totally different. 747-400 technology is about 15 years behind that of the 777.

Guest LLgaz

I vote for the aircraft with the long slender body and the oversized engines.....traits of a top fashion model....no wonder its the sexiest looking aircraft ever............I'm talking about the 757 of course.Even though the 757 is about to go the route of the very popular 727, that shouldn't discourage developers (PMDG) from modelling it. I am certain that for many years to come, lots of airlines will still be flying the 757. First of all, anything done by PMDG will obviously sell like hotcakes. But of course a 757 will fare even better because it is a hugely popular aircraft. Whenever I fly in real life, I always try to ensure that I am on a 757 for at least part of, if not the whole journey.Of course, the PIC guys are developing a new PIC767 for FS9. It is already pretty clear that they will not be offering the 757 variant with it. Naturally, people will look to slave the panel with a good freeware model. But the normal drawbacks will still exist...the wacky weights and vspeeds in the FMC, plus, there probably wouldn't be a good VC for it. Obviously, the PMDG guys are probably looking at this as possibly hurting sales if they do a 757 as well.But In my opinion, PMDG is now at the top of the pile in terms of quality. If they did a quality 757 (which will be better than the 737NG because the NG was more of a learning experience....), I don't think sales will be hurt at all. So my vote is for the 757.....hands down.Of course, if PMDG really don't like the 757, then my second choice would be for an MD8x series...and then the 777.

A B777 with all the hi-tech stuff working, of course!:D

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

After looking a little more close at the SSW site.. I will have to agree that I wouldnt be to keen on buying from them. From what I can gather its not an english speaking company and I found a lot of information hard to read because of it.B747, B777 flight decks may look similar but their systems are totally different. Im willing to bet that the B777 is the only commercial jet that has a checklist on the computer screens as well as a paper one!Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest AST

Boaz,SSW is doing an Airbus 310. I don't see ANY information on there site about a modern Airus (320/330/340). Did you mistake the 310 for the 320 or can you provide me with a link?I certainly believe that a modern Airbus with FBW would be a real challenge for PMDG and my vote goes still for the A320/A330/A340 or if you really want to do an American product the MD11 (that

Guest CS-THV

Hi!For those talking about SSW, I am not mistaken. They are making a 320 and a 777. The info is not in the site but it is in some posts in the forum!

Guest gooper

I would love to see either the Concorde, L1011 or the A330 done by PMDG.Programming FMC's is fun but I also love the old style anaalog gauge aircraft as well and the L1011 is one of my fav's.

A good old fashioned L1011 Tristar would be really cool.If there is one plane missing in FS9 then it's this one, and she is just so georgeous!!!!!Thomas

Is the B777-300 in service yet? or is it the B777-300ER that is still getting certified?Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest rellehenk

The 777-300ER is already certified right now (16 march). :)

Guest adameke777

777-200/300 - there's a great demand for it