Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

737-800/900 Maintenance Status Board

Guest Steven White

G'day,I just did a flight from YPDN to YMML which is 1,699nm worth. I loaded the 14,971kg of fuel and headed off into the wild black yonder (it was 1am :-)), about 25 minutes into the flight I got a message from the FMC telling me I didn't have enough fuel for the flight. I got these messsages for the next couple of hours until about 240nm or so out of YMML where the fuel to destination started rising above 0.0. I ended up having about 3,300kg at engines off.On the FMC's progress page you could see that the amount of fuel left at reaching that waypoint would go up significantly as you got closer to it.

Guest sgd853

Hi All:I have been experiencing aunique problem with 737-800/900 - while in cruise VNAV & LNAV - the VNAV will release and CWS-P will be indicated and the a/c will start to climb. ALT Hold will stop the climb and revert back to the assigned cruised alt. Any ideas?Second, after takeoff RTO does not reset back to off -Any thoughts -to Bob and Crew - I love this productSteve DeNigris, Wash. DC

Hi Steve,First of all both of your problems have been discussed before. An advanced search would probably have revealed that. ;-)Second, your first problem is probably due to joystick movements. Either unintentionally by you or, if you have a force feedback stick, by the force feedback servos. Moving your joystick while in A/P will discontinue the A/P and revert to Control Wheel Steering, either in pitch mode, roll mode or both, just as in the real thing.Your second observation is correct. The brake switch does not revert from RTO to OFF after take-off. This is by design and how the real deal works.Hope it helps,

Guest Steven White

Hi Steve,VNAV disconnect can also be caused by having the trim assigned to an analogue source such as a joystick axis. Until recently this used to work for me, os if you have trim assigned to an analogue axis then map it to a couple of buttons.

Steven,Just to clarify. The trim axis issue you mention above would cause the whole A/P to disconnect, not just VNAV.Cheers,

Guest Steven White

Yes it does, may bad :-)If I ever have a VNAV disconnect I get an message in the FMC window though Steve dosn't mention one. I had VNAV problems when the 600/700 was released, there was no FMC message then but a reinstall fixed that. I had to use the PMDG removal tool too.

Guest Greystoke

Don't know if this is a bug or not but here goes....Flew from Kennedy to Norfolk and everything went great. After a short stop at Norfolk, I decided to fly to Charleston. I set up the FMC for the flight and all looked good to go.One thing I noticed on taxi was that the VOR/LOC and G/S were still showing even with A/P disconnected. I figured after take-off and engaging the VNAV and LNAV would clear that since it was set up for the next flight. After takeoff, reached 1500 AGL, engaged A/P and the plane started heading back to the VOR and G/S. LNAV would not select and I could not deselect APP.Finally, after changing the NAV 1 freq, APP disengaged and LNAV finally kicked in but now the FMC considered itself in Descent mode and would not change from it even though the legs showed the correct path (Locked out the CLIMB screen). Had to use the MCP to climb and then the VNAV would kick in when TOD was reached later on.Is this right? Before landing is there a better way to disconnect the A/P?BTW, AWESOME aircraft!!

Guest Greystoke

Ack forgot my sig for above message.Regards,Bryan Klinkel

Guest Pilot3033

I have used the plane on short hops, and usually left the center tank empty. But today I felt like useing all three tanks and better balance. First, I noticed that the wing tanks were emptying first. This is wrong, as when the center tank is left full, the plane gets a nose up pitch of about 3-5 degrees. Second, as the wing tanks ran out, the wing tanks never took over. Thus the engines quit. From there I went to the overhead to try and restart mid flight. The plane never kicked over, and I belive that it was a result of the plane still trying to use the wing tanks. I franticly searched for a tank selector switch, and never found it. Why?And, I have also noticed that the engine startup squence does not work. Turning the ignitors to GND, and starting ignition, then going into the Throttle, and allowing fuel flow, the engines never even started the startup sequence, maybe I am doing something wrong?

In regards to your questions,First, you shouldn't load fuel in the Center Tanks unless you already topped the wings, Causes undo stress on the airframe to carry extra weight on the centerline and nothing in the wings to keep the flex down, Also part of the AOM. Second, If your Center tank didn't burn out, then you probably didn't turn on the Center tank pumps during your preflight. The Center tank pumps are considered Override pumps and produce more pressure than the main tank pumps causing that fuel to be burned first. You say you seldom use center tank fuel so my suspicion is you have a saved situation with the pumps selected off. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Why is the assumed temp (used for reduced thrust TOs) always shown on the Upper DU?? I mean in CLB, CRZ, GA...Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that this value is gone when FMC enter CLB phase...PS : just checked Transavia video... and the #### temp disappears when entering CLB phase...Not a great reference like an AOM but...eh eh :-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Not a bug, but a request for the service update:It would be really cool to have more of the switches acessible through keyboard sequences. I have the MCP747 from Aerosoft and I'd like to use some of my unused EICAS buttons to work some of the switches on the overhead (seat belts, engine start switches, etc.) so I don't have to keep switching panel views.Currently you can only assign key sequences to some of the functions, and those are nostly already visible on the main panel.Thanks for a great product and excellent support!Bill Rowe

Guest PANTU

>Not a bug, but a request for the service update:>>It would be really cool to have more of the switches acessible>through keyboard sequences. I have the MCP747 from Aerosoft>and I'd like to use some of my unused EICAS buttons to work>some of the switches on the overhead (seat belts, engine start>switches, etc.) so I don't have to keep switching panel>views.>>Currently you can only assign key sequences to some of the>functions, and those are nostly already visible on the main>panel.>>Thanks for a great product and excellent support!>>Bill Rowefully second your statement / request.If I remember well I read sometime ago before the 800 / 900 was announced to have each and every switch accessible via keyboard commands.May be I

Guest charterpilot

Hi team, i have a bug with wind into the FMCCheck that ...77793.jpg

HiThis was brought up during beta testing and it is as it should.The ND will display MAG wind while the FMC will report TRUE wind.AT least that's how I remember it. Maybe someone else can confirm? ;-)CHeers,