Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

737-800/900 Maintenance Status Board

Captains-In the interest of trying to keep some semblence of order to suspected problems/research/fixes, I'm going to anchor this post in hopes that it helps communicate some important issues.During the past week we've found some annoyances with the 8/900 that we are working to resolve. Rather than have 300+ threads for you to search through, we thought it might be helpful open up a 737-800/900 MAINTENANCE STATUS BOARD.The Maintenance Status Board can be found by going to http://www.precisionmanuals.com Click on SUPPORTClick on 737-800/900 Maintenance and Technical SupportClick on 737-800/900 Maintenance Status Board.The Maintenance Status board is a new tool that we are going to try using in order to communicate more effectively some of the things that we are seeing as "common problems" that are reported by users in this forum and to support@.The 737-800/900 Maintenance Status board is modeled after some information relay processes employed in the airline world in order to keep crews informed about the constantly evolving airplanes that they fly.Like airliners in the real world, it is not entirely uncommon to find that some things just aren't working the way they were designed, so we want you to know what we are working on, and what fixes we have found so that existing problems can be minimized during your flight.We will add/expand this Maintenance Status board as we go along. You will note the following things listed in each Write-Up:WRITE UP: This explains the problem reported.MAINTENANCE RESPONSE: An explanation of "what we know about the problem at the current time" is displayed here. We'll include as much factual information as we can to help you understand the problem, as greater understanding for you might help promote solutions fast when you all see things we aren't seeing!RECOMMENDED PRE-FLIGHT PROCEDURES: Here we will list things you can do to minimize the problem before flight.RECOMMENDED IN-FLIGHT PROCEDURES: Here we will list things you can do if the problem happens during flight.RELATED OPEN WRITE-UPS: Here we list similar failures or failures we think are related to the same cause.ETA for FIX: We'll give you the most accurate ETA we can on a fix. Obviously we're working on one right now, so we'll clear as many items as we can! ;-)I hope this gives you all a better tool and resource for solving problems and helping each other to solve problems so that we don't have a bunch of repetition in the forum!We'll add items to the list as we go.For now- if you have found other items that you think we shuld add to the write up list, please feel free to add them to THIS THREAD. If you you would like to add helpful tips for the PRE/IN FLIGHT RECOMMENDATIONS- please add them to this thread.... we'll review and add them upon verification!Thanks, Enjoy!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

very very good idea!! it was annoying to ask some questions that we thougt already answered, but mixed in this pages with all the discussions. indeed very good idea:-)

Thank you very sincerely for the great pleasure you give us.You are not only a software company that provides the BEST airplanes for our hobby.You are also an example of courtesy, honesty, customer's care and seriousness in this business.Again, thank you :) David in Jerusalem

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi PMDG team,We also have the issue to be recognized about the Loc Back Course needle not functioning as it should. The CDI needle jumps from side to side. They said this was working before the 800/900 update to the 600/700. A bug report was stated in this forum and I am waiting for this patch so I can get flying again. I do a lot of Loc Back Course approaches, but right now I am grounded until your release of a patch. Looking forward to some flying again with your wonderful aircrafts. I need this fixed as soon as possible.Thanks for your continued support,CYQRVincent

Vincent-Okay, thanks. I missed this report- but more than likely Lefteris is on top of that one. We'll get together later today and we'll put an update on the Status Board. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good idea to have a centralized list of known bugs.One small item not mentioned so far in the list or this thread are issues with the VREF selector knob.WT input doesn't work in PFD/ND modein EFIS mode, WT goes up to only 150(000) lbs, even in the 800/900I know you guys are aware of this, and it's not as bad as the LOC BC issue, but while you're at it, just for completeness' sake...Best,Martijn

A minor niggle is the ET hold function on the clock. It doesn't as far as I can tell ;)I hold the ET at 45mins & pause FS then disappear for 10mins. I return, unpause FS and click the ET button to return to Run. It should continue from 45mins where it left off. But it's added the paused 10mins and is now reading 55mins.

Robert, I want to report a bug, your link is broken at the top...lol (www/ instead of www.) Thanks for this excellent Idea, one thing you might add to it would be a way for us to submit our problems on to that page that way you guys have a centralized area for looking instead of searching through every thread on the forum.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Very good initiative!Checked the status board but didn't find the problem listed there where I for some reason can't load the 2D panel from start since that will give me the error message shown in the attached screenshot. Any other model (VC, VCCAB) loads just fine.Also found another thing that is more of a minor cosmetic thing, the gear lever never show in it's 'OFF' position in VC. Maybe this one would be quite easy to fix?All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Guest AS737-790

The Autopilot and Flight director ignore the "direct fix" in an FMC departure. The correct path is displayed on the ND display but the flight director will give guidance to turn and follow the course between the last waypoint and the next. If you look at the diagram on page 3 of the "Appendix_1 How to write SID STARs.pdf" you see what I

Guest tmetzinger

Just to make sure I understood - the electrical gremlins are only in the VC versions? Since I always fly the 2D, that would explain why I never got them.

Already reported before :- Altitude Alert Syst_not working when dscending...and it's in clean config and not in APP mode...- TO Config Warning_not working with stab not in green band range...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest PH-MCV

- Trim during approach- Sometimes desktop crash when passing FL150 during descend- Insufficient Fuel during first part of flight- RTO at Vr- CAT3C Approach with failing SYS A