Sign in to follow this  
Guest VetJet

PMDG Still the King of Sim, sorry other add-on

Guest VetJet

Hello:I just wanted to tell the PMDG group that I think their 737NG V1.3 is still the best add on out there!!! I have recently acquired the newest release for FS9 (no need to mention names here :). Even though I love it and think it is about a 9.5 out of a 10 on first release, I still think the 737 NG is a more polished product when it comes to looks and functionality. You guys have obviously set the standard to beat, and so far, nobody has done that. Again, I totally love the new widebody add-on, but I was stunned to come to the realization, GEE!, the 737NG looks the best when compared side by side!! Just my personal opinion and a pat in the back to this team.-W

I second that one!! PMDG absolutly rock! This 747-400 will be the icing on the cake I reckon. The others don't stand a chanceBen

I definitely agree.Other than functionality and looks, it also have hardly any bugs or problems to speak of, especially when compared to a company like PSS whose Airbuses are the most buggy payware I've ever used!John

Agree! Although, I don't own the "other" product, nor will I buy it probably... But I agree that PMDG still holds the standard in FS design and functionality. And when 747 comes out, it will climb the ladder significantly, so I guess they will be keeping their "ladder" trophy :-)

Guest Matze2912

I fully agree... Go on PMDG you guys are the kings!!!! Can't wait to go longhaul on 747...Matthias

Guest FattyBear

How is the 737NG "better" though? What exactly makes it better? Feature for feature, Level D raises the bar.

Guest Paul Heaney

I prefer LevelD 767

Guest Agamemnon

PaulLOL:)Troy

Paul,I prefer banana-split ice-cream, with strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ! :-)Thanks for the kind words, everyone, but healthy competition never hurt anyone. Not PMDG, not the other development houses, and in particular, especially not the flight simmer who receives better quality overall!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest danowat

They are both very, very good, hi tech simulations of 2 different aircraft, in reality you should own both because each one offers something different.I really do like the "immersion" factor of the LDS767 though, the ground comms and cabin comms really add to it, would be nice to see something similar for the NG too, yes I am aware of FS2Crew, but thats a payware addition.Dan.

Guest Copyritepunx

Alex,I second that.-Chris Guy

Guest Copyritepunx

I got sick of my 737 using up 9/10's the runway.-Chris Guy

Guest Copyritepunx

I am however waiting(still waiting)for PMDG to once again take first in show again.-Chris Guy

Guest vazelos

We all know the old adage about opinions :-lolIn any case, as Lefteris points out, a little competition never hurt anyone.I think that PMDG have had their work cut out for them ever since I got CaptainSim's 707 and Ready for Pushback, both excellent addons in their own right. Level-D simply adds a few more inches to the ever-rising bar and hopefully the PMDG 747 will raise it even higher.Bottom line: What all this means is better quality addons for us simmers (and that goes for the amazing scenery packages out there as well). I also have a number of aviation DVDs and from what I've seen the panels we use in FS are eerily similar to their real-life counterparts both in appearance and functionality.Keep up the great work all developers out there, freeware as well as payware!Cheers,Tony

They are both the finest available at the moment. The '767' is slightly ahead in my opinion.This of course will be noticed by the 'PMDG' team and I hope that their forthcoming aircraft top the '767'.Now take note, 'Wingers' and stop keep badgering PMDG with "When is it going to be ready"?'LDS' has just moved the goal-posts a bit further away. Wondeful for us, isn't it?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png