Sign in to follow this  
speed771

Frame rate plummeting from 25 to 0 - Help!!

Steve,Ok, great. Just keep the dialogue with Paul.Meanwhile you might want to check some things. You might want to start up the Task Manager and look at the performance tab. Maybe take a screen-shot and upload here. You also would like to check your running processes. Take a screen-shot and share with us. The above while you are experienceing your problems of course.Another thing that would help us to help you would be if you posted your hardware settings in FS9 as well as your graphics device settings.Also check your Event logs for any warnings and errors. The logs that are interesting for us are the Application and the System logs. Check all errors to see if they could be related to graphics or directX or gaming.Hmmm... Just a quick shot from the hip here. You do have DirectX 9x installed I hope? Maybe run DxDiag to let the PC check your DirectX config.Don't give up until we've explored every possibility. Let's do some serious troubleshooting here guys! You should definitely be able to run the NG with quite nice performance.Hope it helps,

>Why do you write it "panel_as_texture"? I thought it's>'PanelAsTexture=0'Sorry, my mistake. But I am glad you found it. Please try to set it to both '1' and '0'.By the way if you go to the MSFS Hardware Discussion Forum here on Avsim you will find two threads pinned to the top of the page. One has to do with XP maintenance and the other with tuning your system for FS9 (written by Sonar5). This second one has a wealth of info on making sure your hardware is ready for the simulation. It is a very long post but I suggest you read it in its entirety.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Hey Mats, I was thinking about his problem. Could the GDIplus.dll have anything to do with this problem? I am going to think about this some more as I just read this post. Any Ideas I have I will post. Not being able to use the PMDG737 is horrible. Best regards, Jeff

Guest mk83hi

Hi Steve,You may be right about the FSUIPC.dll, if you installed the PDMG it may have installed an older version of the dll for FS9, this might cause problems with FS9.1, There is as far as I know a new version on FSUIPC made to work with FS9.1, please check and download the latest version from this sitehttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html,I hope this helps,Best Regards,Robert Meier

>Hi Steve,>>You may be right about the FSUIPC.dll, if you installed the>PDMG it may have installed an older version of the dll for>FS9, this might cause problems with FS9.1, There is as far as>I know a new version on FSUIPC made to work with FS9.1, please>check and download the latest version from this site>>http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html,>>I hope this helps,>Best Regards,>Robert MeierThanks for you help but I wrote in my original email that I installed both.>I installed the latest version of FSUIPC and the default one that comes with the PMDG installers.

Thanks to anyone helping. I really appreciate it!OK. I got all my facts and figures ready.Yesterday I installed WinXP clean on a different drive. I had to get down what's causing that.I tell you step by step what I did.0. Install Bios v10101. Install WinXP SP22. Install driver for HD controllers from ASUS CD3. Install Ethernet card drivers (for internet)4. Windows Update5. Install Chipset drivers 6.3.0.10076. Switch Hyperthreading off within BIOS7. Install Nvidia drivers 7.1.8.4 for GeForce 68008. Install Spybot & ad-Aware to clean out any nasty things.9. Install Kensignton software for trackball10. Install Logitech game software for Joystick11. Install Google, Flash, Java2 for IE12. Install FS9.1 from CD's (9.1 built 40901.01)13. start FS9 and set Display settings as in attached screenshotLoad standard 737 and get a 25fps perfomance which is ok for a standard 6600 GeForce.14. Quit FS9 and install PMDG 737 NG, restart, and install PMDG 800/900, restart.15. start FS9 and loaf standard 737 NG. 25fps. Then load PMDG aircraft 2d cockpit and frame rate plummets to 1-3fps.16. I'm gutted!17. Install new version of FSUIPC 3.47, launch FS9. Same frame rate.Here are my PC details again:ASUS P5AD2 Premium Motherboard1GB Corsair XMS2-5400 DDR2 Dual Channel Kit2GB OCZ DDR2 PC-5400 Performance Series Dual ChannelP4 Prescott LGA775 3.6 GHz 800FSB HTnVidia GForce 6600 PCI-Express cardCoolermaster Blue WaveMaster CaseTagan 480W ATX Power Supply Metal Braided Floppy, IDE and SATA cablesWIFI: offHyperThreading OffAI overclocking: standardDirect X version 9.0cNividia 7.1.8.4WinXP SP2 all Windows updates installed1GB fixed page fileProcessor scheduling set to Background servicessystem restore offindexing service off for all HD'sFS9.1 built 40901.01FSUIPC 3.47Display settings:AA 4xAnisot.Filt. 16xImage: qualityVertical sync: app controlledFS9 settings:Traffic: noneWeather: clear skies, rate of change: noneI have event logs available for applications and system and can email them if you want to see them.Enclosed some screenshots:http://uk.geocities.com/rme@btinternet.com/thanks again for your help!Steve

Steve,Three things that caught my attention after I've read your post a couple of times:>HyperThreading OffWith your mobo and CPU you should go with H/T ON. I am running a 2.8GHz CPU with a 800MHz FSB and a 865PE chipset and 1GB of RAM and it works great.>AI overclocking: standardAgain. With your system I should start with all O/C functions set to OFF>Processor scheduling set to Background servicesOUCH!!! This one is a biggie! Both Processor scheduling and Memory usage must be set to Programs! I would almost bet on that this will solve your problem.Hope it helps,

There are many parameters in the BIOS. Things like for example your AGP setting. Therefore as I mentioned above you ought to go through the documentation prepared by Sonar5 (read my post above) that goes through many, many hardware settings one by one. This list of yours just shows what you installed, tells nothing about your system settings.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

I had HT on before, but my system performs slightly better with HT off. The same goes for Background services. Of course I tried it with set to Programs. It doesn't make any difference in my case.AI overclocking: 'standard' means 'no overclocking', it means the machine runs in standard mode.StevePS: I made a quick test with settings to Backround Servies vs Programs and can tell you that my frame rate is 20% better with Backround Services. Check it out yourself. It's an old trick from working in the recording studio. All the realtime critical recording software performs better and click free that way.

>There are many parameters in the BIOS. Things like for>example your AGP setting. Therefore as I mentioned above you>ought to go through the documentation prepared by Sonar5 (read>my post above) that goes through many, many hardware settings>one by one. This list of yours just shows what you installed,>tells nothing about your system settings.>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2I don't don't have AGP settings since I use PCI express.what system settings would you like to know? Everything is standard except the ones I mentioned. (with standard I mean as WinXP pre-configures it)

Ok Steve,Too bad. :-( Unfortunately I'm out of ideas for the time being.It's seems like a really weird problem.GDI+ could be another possibility I guess... The glass displays are using GDI+ for the graphics. I dunno how to check that for errors and malfunction though.Hope it helps

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drinkMichael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it>drink>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2Do you mean I'm the horse now or what?steve

I FOUND IT!!!!Haha!!I just flew my first quick round in a PMDG with 25fps! Man did that feel good!As a last resort I removed pretty everything what was left from that little software I had installed and guess what?It was that bloody driver for the mouse. Kensington MouseWorks 6.11.I don't know what it's clashing with but both FSnavigator and PMDG work fine now. Could it be FSUIPC?Steve

Steve,Definitely not FSUIPC. I would suspect IRQ settingsGlad you found the culprit though. Ockham's razor comes to mind when you're telling the mouse was the problem. :-)Happy flying,