Sign in to follow this  
HH

Aircraft Following the MD11

This is really just meant as a continued debate thread from the temporary forum. Someone there asked what aircraft you would like to see after the MD11 is finished. Now there have been a LOT of posts claiming that Airbus will not extend a helping hand in providing information about their systems, so an Airbus aircraft is propably not the most likely thing to come from PMDG. Plus PSS has done the A330 and A340 already and there's the PIC A320 (haven't tried that one though). B777 was just released from PSS, Level-D is working on the B757, ATR was done by Flight1.The suggestions I personally liked best so far was B717-200 and/or Fokker 70/100. However, a BAe 146 could be really nice too or maybe a really nice business jet.What would you like to see after the MD11?

I would like to see the A319/320/321 series. The one from PSS is rapidly becoming dated compared to the latest offerings. After that, a 737-200 would be nice. Should those not be doable, the A340-5/6 series would be sweet.

I would like to see a 737-200 from PMDG, but doubt they would go for it (although there are quite a few still flying the line). The -200 Adv. model had avionics for full automated flight (full AFDS MCP, Autothrottle, PDCS, 2 FMC CDU's and a digital colour weather radar in between. It also has Collins FD-110 flight director and five-inch ADI & HSI; Dual electric Mach/airspeed, altimeter and VSI with dual digital ADC's; Dual RDMI which combines the RMI and DMI; Digital TAT; Pushbutton audio selector panels; VHF comm and VHF nav panels with preselect controls...), so for the automation junkies this feature would be possible (realistic). If that one is not possible, there is not much choice outside Airbus stuff for the more modern airliners. A regional jet like and ERJ or a CRJ have already been done(not limiting factor really) which would be nice. I personally like the "older" planes so a plane like the 737-200 or a Bae 146, or maybe an old propliner would be great, be it a turbo prop like the Electra, or a piston like a DC-6! :) Then again, they could just focus on further improving existing planes to the point of being the most realistic simulations ever possible in a desktop PC. :)regards,Macs

Guest chrispy

Hi all. I wouldn't mind having PMDG doing any of the above aircrafts. I was thinking PMDG should make a plane from the MD-80 series. But the 717 and the fokker are pretty much like the MD-80.

Guest viper18799

I would love to see a good MD80 series.

I would like to see the MD11 ~:)First.Soon.Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Guest dfdirishman

I also agree, after the MD11, any business jets. Maybe a Gulfstream?

Guest DavidJE

I'd really like to see a DC-8 or DC-10 though the MD-11F is my first choice overall so very pleased that PMDG are working on that one. David

Guest Andrea

Dornier 328 or Fokker 70/100 or BAE Avro 146 85/100/200Andrea

Guest dt1951

Heck, I'd like the 744 service pack update, the 744F, and the MD-11 first. There has been no status update (nor pictures) since January on the MD-11. I've heard talk of a 757 in the works from PMDG, but have read nothing on that officially. I think I would rather they get these aircraft out the door before talk of follow on ones. With FS10 coming out next year, how wise would it be to sink development resources into projects that will be for an older FS?Has anyone heard much lately about FS10? I would hope they change a few things in it. Like those annoying altimeter warnings you get when you fly into an area where the transition altitude is not 18000 feet. Make that an operator settable parameter. And dump that stupid ATC. Does MS listen to those kinds of comments?

Indeed its already great that we have the 744 SU1 , 744F and MD11 to look forward to, but I would like to put my 2 pence in for the following aircraft:RJ100/146 - A unique four engined shorthaul aircraft, especially its steep descent profile, I would love to see this modelled!C17 Globemaster - This aircraft is absolutely amazing, in all departments, it would a great challenge for PMDG!B787 - Still a bit too early, but it is a real Boeing, and I would love to see this in PMDG colours!Best regards,Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I agree with Armen.The C-17 Globemaster 3 hasn't been done professionally by anyone.It is the sucessor of the Hercules and does everything that the c-130 does that much quicker.It is attractive and complex too. An aircraft that is destined to outlast the Herc in service. It's performance is amazing and I watched in awe as the USAF rolled the prototype out at MIldenhall, Suffolk and performed an outstanding display.The order book for the C-17 is growing rapidly as would orders, for a possible PMDG simulation.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png