Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

Some issue with SU1

Hello Gentlemen,I am pretty sad today : I have installed the service update this morning, made few test flights, and discovered some issue that I did not have before the install of SU1 5 (I used the interim patch before).The pacth install in itself went all ok.1) The ADF needles are completely messed up: they point to I dont know which direction, all but the NDB direction: it used to work superbly before SU1. But that's a minor issue, compared to 2) The LNAV mode turns the opposite direction when reaching a waypoint. I made twice the same flight to make sure it was not a slight random bug, but no, on both flights the problem occured:su1.jpgI first thought that it was because of the 180 degrees angle, unfortunately, at the next waypoint which is a less than 20 degrees turn the plane went again the other way round.Everything was running superbly before SU1, and I really have no clue why all this is happening now. So, one of my question now is: wouldbe the safer way to re-install the PMDG744 and the patch on a fresh new install?If positive, how to remove in a clean way the 744... Is the uninstall option doing a clean job? Or is there some files to be deleted manually afterward ? I hope I wont have to re-install all the system, because due to some harware issue last month I have had to re-install at least 30times the whole system (not to talk about FS)Thanks for your advises in advance.PS I am unsure you can all see the screenie, please let me know if you dont/EDIT:/ sorry guys, I just read Robert's advise of what to do before claiming help! I will do that and report back later if it isnt solved.Regards,

Hi,Have you still got the interum update? Maybe for the time being you could unistall service pack and reinstall interum update till you figure it out. I did that with the LDS 767. First update was good, but second created issues so I just went back to the first one.

Hi Tristan,Actually, that is what for a second I thought I would do. However, there is no way to unistall the servicepack (SU1), and second and most important, I definitely want to use the numerous new and improved features included on the SU1.(notably the cool missing high speed buffets that I cried for in the temporary forum!)So I have no choice: I have to figure out what's going wrong, and get it to work.I already restored an oem fs9.cfg, deleted my sole 744 saved flight and saved panels, no luck yet.(I always load FS with defaut Cessna flight in order to avoid hassles)I am just about now to unistall the whole thing and try a new fresh SU1 install.I do really hope this will make the trick.Cheers,

All right Gentlemen,Now I am becoming much more worried. I've just been in the process of restoring everything (i.e. FS9.cfg, deleted all 744 related files) and uninstalling the whole PMDG744.I have reinstalled it again, validated, installed SU1 without the Interim Patch, lauched FS and alas...issues still there. Now I am afraid I need the Team's help.Here's what I get for the ADF needles:adf.jpgwhen the stations(NDB) are in fact located exactly at the front of the plane:sit.jpgThe LNAV mode is also still playing guitar instead of keeping the bird on track :-) I have an easy FS config, simply no add-on except the excellent PMDG 737NG, no weather addon, no traffic add-on (all hand made traffic).I have FSUIPC 3.48 registered (shall we call it an add-on), andthe MS TrafficToolBox .dll. That's it. Nothing else.Lemme just add my rig info here:P4 3.2Ghz Asus P4C800 E-DeluxeAsus Radeon 9800XT 256mo1Go DDR 400 CorsairWinXP home SP2I dont want to go back to the Interim patch !Regards,

Guest Robin.B

Somehow occurs to me that the 744 reads some of the information from FSUIPC/FS incorrectly. I think you should try installing FS from scratch again.

Well Robin, guess I have thought of that as well, but it is so time comsuming that at any rate I want to avoid that ultimate solution.

Arnaud,Sorry to see you are having troubles. Can you try to delete/move your FSUIPC related files from the Folders module and copy the latest FSUIPC version 3.50 clean into the same folder?Hope it helps,

Thank you Mats, :-) Yes, I will eventually try to do that indeed. But from the latest esasy test I have just made, I dont think that will help: I've had the idea to load the 737NG, just in order to check the ADFs: theyare fully and correctly functionning with the NGs. Same for default planes. Thus, I doubt its an FSUIPC related issue.Only the 744 seems messed. Also, its not the only glitch I found:the whole VNAV mode seems to be screwed as well. FLCH modes, SPD, VNAV etc behave in a very impredictable way and most of the time the green SPD, THR on the PFD are no more displaying anylonger.

Hi Arnaud-ADF issue has been noticed already internally. Please expect a fix very shortly.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Oh...Lefteris, now that is a very good new ! Thanks a lot.Do you think the LNAV problem could be linked to it somehow?I'll keep on investigating and report back if needed.Regards,

Arnaud,The LNAV problem is linked to error tolerance of the processor. LNAV will turn shortest direction and subsequently do bypasses etc. For a near 180 course change the 15th decimal digit will come into play at the time of turn or turn anticipation. The magenta line algorithm uses less, say, "dynamic" data for reasons of not dropping your frames rates to 1. ALl that by just guessing from your PROG page.Best,VangelisPS. Saw you noticed the hi speed buffet model. Pity that the base sim (MSFS) has no physics model for that. ===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest Robin.B

Just one thing I want to ask, why do you have a 180 degree turn at FL390? :(

Hi Vangelis, Thank you. I understand very well your explanantion, that is why I said in my very first post:"I first thought that it was because of the 180 degrees angle, unfortunately, at the next waypoint which is a less than 20 degrees turn the plane went again the other way round."I wasnt alarmed about the first 180 turn, but by the second, which was as I said less than 20 degrees angle. Maybe Jack can tell us a bit more about it as he seems to experience this too. Jack?Anyway, as Robin states, it is quite unusual to proceed such turns in a normal flightplan. Robin, that was just some test flights I was doing :-) About your PS, Vangelis, yes, I could actually NOT miss the high speed buffet, because I think I was the one who brought this to the attention when the 744 was released and so I actually was eagerly waiting for itHere's the thread in the temporary forum:http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-2092.htmlAs you say, it's really a pity FS cant really reproduce that though.Again thank you for your replies,Regards,

>I wasnt alarmed about the first 180 turn, but by the second,>which was as I said less than 20 degrees angle. Maybe Jack can>tell us a bit more about it as he seems to experience this>too. Jack?Last night I did a quick test flight and I had the same problem with LNAV. But it was just a quick flight so I thought that maybe I made some mistakes, etc.Today I saw your post here. I will try it again when I will get home.