Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

What's the deal with flightsim.com?

>Glad to see that PMDG can remain clear of what looks to me to>be something similar to the Payola that corrupted the music>entertainment industry in the 50s and 60s.And continues to corrupt it today! Read up on "independent promoters" - it's nothing but legal payola and it still goes on at most major radio stations. Ever wonder why you hear the same group of songs cycled over and over on "hit" radio?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi all in the forum.I am an old dog without too many new tricks to learn. I am never over impressed by reviews and advertisements, but I believe in company reputation. I have bought lots of products from PMDG and never been disappointed with any of the models or the support provided either through this forum or directly to their support. I would therefore buy any product that had their name on it if it a model that interests me, as the company has proved time and time again that whatever is released will be improved upon if necessary until it is of the commercial standard that they strive for. So for my two pennyworth if PMDG brought out a flying bedstead I know it would be of the highest quality and if it interested me i would buy it on reputation. So for me its no loss that their products are not reviewed by particular companies, PMDG have gone past that stage for me, its reputation that counts all the time.Happy landingsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

John,Very well said. I can truthfully second that. On occasions, when there's a nem PMDG product coming out and being reviewed, I mostly check the review out just to get feedback on just how magnificent product I have bought.This post of yours, John, already validates the pinning of this thread.Cheers,

Guest afluhart

It seems to me that they only promote and review anything thats available in their "store". I noticed this over the holidays when I was looking at purchasing a few things. So, if they aren't selling it then they could care less if they promote it.

>Why is this dumb thread stickied. sheesh!Because this question ("why doesn't fs.com cover XXXXX") comes up all the time.To insiders their policy of only covering things they sell or get paid to cover is well known, to many it is not.

Don't you support PMDG then? The forum heading makes no reference whatsoever to products. ;-)

Guest AJ

>This doesn't have very much to do with support of PMDG>products, now does it?>>;)>BillLast time I checked, PMDG not only tolerates, but encourages relevant off topic discussions on this board. It was simply an observation, and in fact, I found Captain Randazzo's explanation quite enlightening.Andrew