Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PMDG News Roundup 30JAN06

This is going a bit off at a tangent but... in the future might PMDG look at doing some regional aircraft. I think many simmers prefer regional since we don't all have time for the 8hr trans atlantic flight! My regional wish list:Dornier 328 propDash-8 (I'm aware there is a recent paywhere from another developer - so I guess unlikely)BAE 146Dornier 328 jetFokker 50

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Guest Matthias1975

Yes, a Do 328 prob with the same level as the queen would be terrific. But lets sit and wait what PMDG is going to reveal for the future :-)

Yes, it would be fine to make a short medium range A/C or a regional, but i think its very important to cmplete the heavy line...(B744...MD11....A346)Otherwise, the A318 is more or less like a regional jet... the tipe rating on the Airbus family is the same for every model..that means PMDG could make a big proyect covering all possibles preferences!!!! If i have enought time every sunday to jump from RJAA to KLAX i would purchase the PMDG A346 but if i only have two or three hours to plan and to fly my aircraft i will purchase or select the A318/19/20/21.... so simply!!!!I know exterior models are very important for PMDG and for us, the customers, but with so a very very very similar cockpit and making an effort, PMDG would be about to reach the target of pleasing all virtual captains!!!Dont you think?The next proyect after an hypothetical Aibus could be a regional or a prop A/C but really, Airbus is currently so important as Boeing and it would be very sad to reject it.Regards for you all!!!! Carlos. LESO.

Guest Miguel_Correa

I also think its time for some new airbuses...Cheers !!

So there are no more updates planned for the 747-400 PAX? What about the sound crackling?? Are the guys suffering from this after the patch now stuck with an unusable aircraft? I recieved an email stating that you blokes are working on fix.....If this is the case (no update), I am dissapointed and rather frustrated. I know I will get my head chewed off by people here, but the people that do obviously dont have this problem and you blokes are lucky!

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest benhoffman

Oh PMDG you are my hero! :)

Guest captaingrice

I have to agree with those who would like to see a PMDG quality Airbus, especially the A340-600, but only if PMDG can do themselves justice with it. This means having all the information about that aircraft at hand. I can't comment on the rumors about Airbus not being willing to help, but it

PMDG does an amazing job so yes, it would be really great to see some Airbus planes made by PMDG... the best Aribus planes we have are made by PSS but they were designed for FS2k2 ans the quality is (in my opinion) better than average but far far away from PMDG products quality... and these planes deserve high quality production as a lot of flight simmers seems to be interested in flying these planesI would personnaly prefer to see the A32x serie modeled by PMDG but... why not modeling A33x and A34x too.. or all of them ;) !Considering the previous messages, a question came to my mind : is the help of the manufacturer really needed to produce a plane like the PMDG 744 ? As somebody said before, almost all data is available on the internet and a lot of airbus pilots would help (i hope) so even if Airbus isn't cooperative at all (hope it's not true), is such a developpemnt possible ?Best regards and... sorry if my english is not good :/Vincent C.

Guest truckinflyboy

Thanks for the update Robert. Looking forward to the -400F whenever it is released.

>: is the help of the manufacturer really needed to produce a>plane like the PMDG 744 ? PMDG probably would tell you it is. The way they do their development, the way they approach "building" the systems may very well require data that goes well beyond what is on internet or what pilots can provide. Again, it is all matter of how you do business - some vendors can possibly develop an Airbus simulation from the scarce data they have and they are happy with it - if PMDG tells me they need more than others I am not going to question them. They know what they need and we should not raise doubts about their choices.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

>we should not raise doubts about their choices.ho i don't, my question was a real one ! they do an excellent job but i don't know how they proceed so it's why the question came to my mind.Vincent

>So there are no more updates planned for the 747-400 PAX?>What about the sound crackling?? Are the guys suffering from>this after the patch now stuck with an unusable aircraft? I>recieved an email stating that you blokes are working on>fix.....Sound is still being looked it - the problem (much like the CTDs that were happening a while back) is that it doesn't reproduce on all systems - there's definitely those of us that can though, so I'm hopefull for a fix from the team.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well maybe its just me, im not used to even looking at Airbuses. So i dont see the errors, so thanks for the info, maybe ill wait for a better one :)Anyone tried the Wilco 777? the PSS is a bit too buggy for me