Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaheedan

JET STYLE - CIRRUS JET YOKE

Shaheedan-I've not used that unit- but I do have the jetliner yoke- which I absolutely love.I had a CH yoke for a number of years- and honestly- it didn't compare to the experience in a real airplane. The PFC yoke is probably the finest component yet in that regard- so i'm assuming that the same level of quality is applied to their other flight control products.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

You can contact Kim at PFC 888-638-1310. They are out of Sacramento, CA., in the US. That's the number I have in my phone from quite some time ago. They are great to deal with. I know alot of cockpit builders also use their stuff.I also have the Jetliner Yoke. It is definately a great piece of hardware. It is totaly different from flying with a joystick. I'm sure the Cirrus yoke will give the same feeling.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

WOW...LOL. Now that looks really good. :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

i hope they do a USB version it looks really good..although i might hold out and see if they plan a 747 yoke

Guest gremel

I haven't tried the PFC 'column yoke' that Robert referred to in his post, however, I have purchased and returned the 'Cirrus Yoke'. I will either purchase the 'PFC column yoke' or the new 'Engravity' when it is finalized, as I find the CH yoke to be highly unrealistic, along with...believe it or not, the Cirrus yoke.I returned the 'Cirrus Yoke' because of two things. First, there was about a 1/2" to 3/4" play in the neutral zone as some may call it. In actuality, there should be 'Zero' play in the yoke when the hydraulics are actuated. That means, you can't move the real column yoke 1/2" or 3/4" with you little finger....Second, the throttle that came with the Cirrus Yoke was a Cessena-like 'push/pull' plastic knob that wasn't even close to the quality of the existing throttle found on the CH Yoke that I presently am using. I know, you should be lucky your getting a throttle at all since you just purchased the yoke to begin with, however, for the price of the Cirrus Yoke, it should have come with a side-mounted throttle similar to the CH one.CH could increase their sales if they would at least utilize double springs for increased tension, as it is highly unrealistic in that regard...I'm pleased to see that some attention is shifting to the 'hardware' end of the business, as this has been totally lacking in the flightsim enviroment. My only wish is that those who are developing commercial airline Yoke and Rudder pedals, make a visit to a real simulator complex, and buy an hour or two in the real thing before trying to duplicate the hydraulic feel of the real thing.I have posted many times before on this and other forums that there needs to be major hardware improvements to keep up with the unbelievable acheivements that we all have experienced with 'PMDG and other software manufacturers'...Finally, somebody is listening...at least I hope they are listening.Regards,jack

Jack-not only are they listening, but they're planning and designing. There's LOTS of stuff going on with hardware manufacturers right now, but until they're ready to show what they've been working on, you'll just have to show a bit more patience.PMDG has been monitoring and discussing these developments with the select manufacturers that we consider "high-grade" so that we can work together in making what we think will be the next level of realism in simulation.The Engravity Yoke is but a token of these developments ;-). Expect to be happily surprised by it.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest gremel

BRAVO Lefteris, Thanks so much for the update. Glad to see that you folks are involved somewhat with these upcoming developments.Keep up the 'outstanding' work.Regards,jack