Sign in to follow this  
mburkhard

PMDG MD-11 shown in Switzerland *UPDATE*

To all MD-11 enthusiasts, especially those living in Switzerland, Germany and Austria...I'd like to inform you that this weekend (11th-12th November) the MD-11 is presented to the public at the 2nd Flight Simulation Weekend in Switzerland.You may now be thinking something like "what on earth is PMDG doing in the middle of the Alps?" :)This Flight Simulation Weekend, unlike Paderborn, is not a commercial event but more an event to show PC flight simulation to the public, let them know what it is all about and what can be done. Since I was attending anyway I asked within the team if the MD-11 could be shown there. As the MD-11 was the last flagship of Swissair before it's demise the Swiss people have a strong association to this aeroplane, therefore they can't wait to fly it themselves. And since this event is all about showing the capabilities of PC flight simulators I thought PMDG can't be missing then... and they agreed...So Michael Frantzeskakis and I will be there to show you the MD-11, now all of you who missed Paderborn and live in or around Switzerland, join us and have a look at it!The location of the event is the "Pilatus Hotel" near the city of Luzern. For more information visit the following link:http://www.ils-online.ch/events/flightsim/This event will also be the official press event of Microsoft Switzerland regarding FSX, meaning someone from Seattle will be there for a presentation on Saturday.Other highlights include the possibilities to try and fly the latest helicopter hardware, fly FSX, try a training device with a moving platform, see VATSIM in action, and for those of you not so familiar with aviation and flying, there will be a flying school where you can sit down and learn together with experienced real world pilots. So I hope to see some of you there, you can find us easily, just look for a big MD-11 model in Swissair colours :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Great news for you guys that can be there! I hate to derail this thread (I hope I don't) but you guys are pretty good at showing up at the conventions and doing presentations, how come nothing has been updated at precisionmanuals.com for over a year? Not trying to sound critical, but there are a lot of people that don't have access to these conventions (theres a large body of water with sharks in it impeding any potential journey for me). Anyway, hope someone remembers to take lots of pics!

Good News !... for those who will be there... :-(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yay!How nice for those there. Means not one pic of the MD-11 will be posted these coming days either for the other 99.9% of the FS public interested for almost two years in this bird. Anyways..........Xander KooteAirline Transport PilotCuracao

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

If they showed it online, that would kind of defy the point of going to the convention.Look at it this way. When do you normally first see a new car? On the manufacturers website or at a car show?

Guys please... Michael is the main Programmer for the MD-11, I am a Technical Advisor, we both are NOT the ones doing PMDGs website, so I fail to see the connection here...What we do there is not only about the MD-11 but about professional PC flight simulation itself. When people and more importantly press will be there who have NO idea about the current status of PC flight simulation, we will be there to show them what this is all about regarding airliner simulation and what can be done these days. This is beneficial for all of us, for PMDG, for the flightsim community, and for the visitors who are learning about this aspect of aviation. It is no one's intention to hide anything from anyone, I'm sure once the things with server crashes are settled you will see new screenshots, but again this is NOT in my or Michael's power, so let us go there and bring PMDG and the MD-11 closer to the public.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest oldie

Damit, wife is on a business trip to Switzerland atm, why oh why didn't I go with her!!Thomas

Guest Specter

I very rarely post to this forum but I read it every day. I

I agree that the old pics are dismal and probably nothing like the newer stuff since a year has passed. Maybe the PMDG webmaster should be given a brief to do regular (say every 3 month) screen capture updates with some appropriate commentry.Hey, I will even volunteer to do this for free for PMDG, as I have good web development experience.Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

Guest cargo747

Markus,very good news indeed :-) I`ll be looking for that 3-holer :-)See you on the weekend.Cheers,Norbertwww.virtualcargolux.org

Guest AOA

HiFueling up the G4 as we speak.........................notPete

Guest Basten_TFF754

Have fun guys! Wish I could have been there.______________________________Basten HeidemaProud MD11 AddictFLY DC JETS!

Guest baksteen33

Ha, looks like I'm lucky this time. Hergiswil is 4kms from here. By boat... :-) By car it's a 30min, scenic drive around the lake of Lostcerne. Groetjes Jaap

Guest naqo

Any pictures or other material from the event? :)