Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

FSX import guide for 1900C and D posted!

Captains,I've just added a section to the 1900C/D FAQ that explains how to properly import both aircraft into FSX manually.http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_Express_FAQI did not include instructions on how to bring the liveries over as well, it would get too complicated to describe here, but you are welcome to try if you have the know-how with the aircraft.cfg file.User Al Jordan has created some thumbnails for use with the aircraft here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=94040We are evaluating the possibility of creating new FSX installers for both planes by the way too.Enjoy!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,I don't need the guide as i have already transferred it but, thought you should know that your 'url' gave an error 404.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest hougardy

G7usl,Then perhaps you can tell us how to covert to FSX?Aleady many thanks,Peter Hougardy

Guest swa1029

Link to the Install instruction remains "broken" as at 13.35UTC 2006-11-19. Are PMDG still having issues with the server transfer?

Gents-this is a side-effect of the server move. It takes a while for the DNS changes to propagate and I took care of it only this morning, so give it 24 hours or so - it should come back within that time.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

"It's good" means that the DNS changes propagated on your end. This won't necessarily be true everywhere on the planet just yet - for example, they haven't propagated to Athens, Greece where I am located... :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest swa1029

Update!!! 16.59 UTC and we are back on-line in the UK (near EGHI, at least!)IT, Servers, "The WEB"... Is not technology a wonderful thing? Beam me up:-spacecraftThanks.

Thanks for the conversion to FSX instructions.There are a couple of problems, however.1. The engine sound within the cockpit views (2D or VC)has a slow changing cyclic pitch which is not correct.2. The picture within the default FS Garmin 500 gps (not the whole gps but the picture within the gps) in the VC view is tilted almost flat and away which makes it unusable.Any ideas on what might be wrong?Mike

Its quite easy really, copy and paste your PMDG1900 from the aircraft folder in FS9 to the 'airplanes' folder.Then look into your main gauges folder in FS9 for the B1900 guages and copy and paste them into your main FSX Gauges folder.Lefteris also mentioned copying the 'Cessna 208' gauge into FSX too, and it works.Do the same thing with the PMDG 1900 sounds.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sound issues are a byproduct of the changes FSX has made to the sound engine - not gonna be fixed without a whole new soundset and/or cfg I'm afraid. I'll ask Armen if there's something else that can be done, but absolutely no guarantees.I'll look into the GPS issue...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sound issues aside, this is a really good ad-on to have for FSX, due to it being so fps friendly. Thanks for doing the install FAQ.

Guest fcpilot

I FOLLOWED YOUR GUIDE LINES AND MOVED THE B 1900 SEREIS AC OVER TO FSX. IN FACT ALL LIVERY'S CAME OVER. EVERYTHING WORKS FINE ,(NOW COMES THE BUT MONKEY)BUT THEY SHOW UP IN MY AC SELECTION AS GREY AC WITH A BIG BLUE QUESTION MARK. IS THAT NORM FOR FS9 AC OR DID I MISS A STEP OR DO SOMETHING WRONG ??THANKS FRANK CHIARAVALLE

Guest swa1029

Frank,That's normal for FSX. You need a small "thumbnail file" in the appropriate texture folder - e.g., look in C: etc., etc., Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesC208Btexture.2. You'll see a file: "thumbnail.jpg" with a pixel size of 256 x 128 pixels. That's what you need in each of your "addon" B1900 texture folders. The pixel size is very important... allegedly!!Thanks to you guys at PMDG; you've done a great job. Like Frank, all is well on my set-up. I can live with the "dodgy" sound issues, not that I've noticed them as I have to have the sound turned LOW, LOW down for envirnmental reasons, and the GPS seems to look and work OK. I guess it shows just how sensitive FSX appears to be to differing configuration settings on different computer hardware - and software - setups. I still haven't got FSUIPC or MyTrafficX to work "properly" after a month of trying and 3 or 4 re-install's.Thanks again, 'got a "real" airplane to fly now.Kind regards,ISH

Guest fcpilot

Thanks for the anserw. I'll fix that when I get home.