Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oneworld

B777 Sounds Recommensations#

Guest Oneworld

HiI know you guys are not planning a B777, I am using PSS 777 version, I am seeking "off the record" advice with reagrds to Sound Files. Your B744 sound quality are perfect, that it has made me greedy in terms of higher expectation from other developers.Do you recommend a very good realistic B777 Sounds that I can use, ones thateven when the ENG are OFF, you can still hear the Air Conditioniong Flow like the PMDG 747.Thanks

OH YES, here at avsim theres awesome sounds for B777 and B757. I personally use sounds from here rather than the PSS sounds. In fact I use the 777 GE 90 sounds from Devyn Silverstein. Heres the link if you want it http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...snds&DLID=74526I also use sounds for my 747 and 737 from avsim also, there awesome. Since the pmdg 747 uses the same sounds for the PW, GE and RR engines I use 3 different sound sets for each plane. Just search the FS2004 sounds and you'll find 744 PW GE and RR sounds. In fact there's a PMDG 737 sound set in the fs2004 sounds page.

> Since the pmdg 747 uses the same sounds for the PW,>GE and RR engines I do not think you are correct on this point, especially nowregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi Darian,As Mark correctly pointed out, since the 747 Sound Update each engine type has its own unique sound sets, so no need to chop and change unless you really want to! :)Back to the original question, the reason for some aircraft missing PACK sounds or other cockpit sounds arises from a limitation in FS. Unfortunately FS only included a basic sound palette for use with any aircraft, sounds like engines, gear up and down were included but there is no allocation for unique sounds like PACKs or other unique cockpit sounds. Hence the only way to get unique aircraft specific sounds is to program them directly into the gauges, which is a job for the lead programmer (thanks LK!) rather than the sound man! ;)Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Oneworld

Thanks guys, will let you know how it goes.:)

Gents-Actually- I'm going to correct all of you.The 747 product line has had unique sound sets for each engine type SINCE IT WAS RELEASED ON 02AUG05.What it did not have, was actually mathematical modeling of the PW/RR engine types until the 400F was released.So- please... If we're going to mis-speak, lets do so with clarity. :-)The sound update we released a few months ago merely improved all three sounsets... It did not add anything that wasn't already there.(Yes- I know some reviewers have stated otherwise- but that should also tell you how much time and effort the reviewers in those cases put into the product reviews...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Oneworld

thanks again, is there any other B777 Sound Files that anyone else recommends that close to the standard of PMDG?Thanks

There are two 'strange' :) entries I have seen and used within the sound.cfg in fs9 - these are 'GYRO_SOUND' AND 'BOMB_SOUND' (in brackets) Both generate any named .wav file in viewpoint 1. I first saw them in a custom soundset and have since used them in others to create my own cockpit sounds.Having said that I much prefer gauge generated aircon etc as per PMDG, LDS etcregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest Oneworld

Can anyone else recommend any more, my only wish would be one by PMDG:-)

Guest Oneworld

Anyone form PMDG that has any files like the 744 but for the B777, even old sound files from previous FLY PMDG 777?Thanks