Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kwaj

PMDG 747 Queen pulls left on takeoff

Guest Kwaj

Ocassionally, as takeoff speed increases, the aircraft pulls to the left. All engines are functioning normally and trim seems OK. This doesn't happen on the 737. Any suggestions?

Stefan has it... all airplanes tend to windcock into the wind. This becomes increasingly apparent as the speed increases. In such cases, you actually start flying before rotation. I was taught to use lots of aeroleron into to the wind then decrease as airflow increases.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Kwaj

Not the case guys. No cross wind at takeoff. Even after takeoff, the plane banks left. I'm not using pedals. This only happens when flying the 747. Any other thoughts?

Hi,Next time that happens, pause the sim by hitting the "P" key, go to an outside view and look at the positions of your control surfaces on the wings and tail. Are any control surfaces in a position they shouldn't be?Kim K

supporter.jpg

Guest pianos101

Hi all- Coincidentally I'm having the same problem. Haven't flown in a little while, but between recently reformatting my computer and other problems I just had to reinstall the 47. As soon as I loaded the aircraft i noticed the rudder was fully left at neutral even with my joystick disabled (that was my first thought). There's no wind where I am, and every time I try to center it, it just goes right back to the left. see attached... Any ideas???Seth http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/165508.gif

Do you have a Saitek X52?I have had similar problems... Make sure that the rotary switches (particularly the one with the E button in the middle) are centered.:)

Regards,

Ryan Fork

I have the Saitek X-52 and a few months ago experienced the same thing then it finally dawned on me - the rudder wasn't centered. Once I foundwhich knob on the X-52 controlled this, I got it centered and it was fine again!Regards,

Matthew Bellette

Guest pianos101

No I don't. It's definitely not a hardware problem. Actually though, i uninstalled all versions and reinstalled, except for the sound update, and it works fine. Not sure the reason, but it's working for me. Thanks