Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG-GoFlight MCP Pro Interface Released!

Rick:Interesting post, thanks. You're right about recovery--although it doesn't always work! But basically I have had the same observation.I don't know that I can get a faster processor. I've had an Intel P4 3.80Ghz (I think it's a Northwood 570 model) for 3 years now with this DELL XPS Gen 4 and it handles a lot of stuff in FS2004 very easily and well. I don't think I can upgrade this particular processor to anything further that is compatible with my machine. I shall have to continue turning the MCP PRO dials a little deliberately and carefully!Jonathan

Guest Mountie1

Do you have the second generation MCP PRO or the old one. The old one you had to be careful with the rotary knobs but the new one has some sort of filter built into the board, I can spin mine wihtout a care now...Regards,

Guest rhammond

>Do you have the second generation MCP PRO or the old one. The>old one you had to be careful with the rotary knobs but the>new one has some sort of filter built into the board, I can>spin mine wihtout a care now...>>Regards,We have the new one with latest rev.

I have firmware version "A18" on my current PRO. GoFlight did replace my earlier PRO because that kept freezing both itself and also oftentimes the sim. The newer PRO works great with all default FS9 a/c and also the Level-D but with the PMDG Queen I need to spin with some care because it still risks lagging and/or freezing.Jonathan

Guest Mountie1

hmm do you think this might be software related, the driver?I know I might be saying something that you have already tried but do you have it plugged in directly to the pc not through a powered hub? I found that plugging in directly to the pc really helped performance..

Yes I discovered l-o-n-g ago (3+ years?) that you needed to plug certain devices such as the older Advanced MCP from GF directly into a USB 2.0 port for best results; I've repeated this with the MCP PRO--it's directly into the PC.Jonathan