Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcPMDG

747-400X Lufthansa Showcase

Here's my first 747-400X livery and of course favorite airline - LH.Registration - D-ABVA (the oldest in the fleet). Recently repainted to have an all white nose again, no more World Cup remnants left.Unlike its FS9 counterpart, the model features the now pointless Connexion by Boeing broadband antenna.After take off -http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH1.jpgClimbing - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH2.jpgClimbing into the sunset after taking off from EDDF - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH3.jpgUhm... still climbing -http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH4.jpgAbout to commence take off roll on 25L at EDDF (ahem, someone forgot to turn on the logo lights) - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH5.jpgShowing the new FSX features such as bump maps and specular highlights (btw - the darker area on the fuselage behind door L3 is the wing casting a shadow, not dirt effect gone wrong ;)) - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/f...ic_744x_LH6.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, Yes, Yes, That is also my favorite livery for the PAX version. This is also the preview I was waiting for. So thank you. This was my final check at the previews before all the relatives come over for my daughters 2nd B-Day Party. It was very nice to get a peek even though it is not quite the fathers day present I was hoping for but it will tide me over. ;) Thanks. :)

Incredible! Just amazing! What I noticed on this one (other than being absolutely gorgeous) is the windscreen frame reflection in the last one. Great job!

Hello mr. Harrington, thanks for the pics.....Is it possible for you to post the specifications of your computer pls....?GideonB

Looking great Marc!I love all the previews, keep 'em coming, as I see Everyone enjoys them.Do you have interiors by any chance? or videos?Ori Harel. :)

Thanks.There are some interior previews on our homepage and I'll probably be adding some more in the near future.

Uhm yeah... it's a Dell XPS Pentium D 3.2, 2GB RAM with a GeForce 7800 GTX.

Thanks.I have seen those on the page but a guy can never stay satisfied, can you blame me? :)where is the proper place to ask for liveries? so I won't bother the forum folkes with my own wishes?Ori Harel.

You can go ahead and ask here in the forum... I'm sure Pete reads all the requests since I'm just redoing my existing ones (QF, KL, NZ and LH).

"Unlike its FS9 counterpart, the model features the now pointless Connexion by Boeing broadband antenna."??? Seems to be in the wrong spot, Marc... You've put the Broadband antenna where the Satcom Antenna should be. The (real) Broadband Antenna is about a foot or two behind the 2 black ADF antennae. Unless LH is different from the Singapore pics you were showing us???The antenna/antennae closest to doors L/R4 is the Satcom.Cheers.Q>

Yeah, you know I had already noticed it since I fly on the thing every other month but for some reason didn't bring it up... living in denial is fun. I know we have two new options for antennas so either I turned on the wrong one or it really is in the wrong location. I shall investigate... thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

Ok, the plane is going back to the hanagar for some rewiring of the antennas. ;)

Hi Marc,Looks great...Question though ( real world ).. what's the story with the boeing internet thing? I know LH had it.. and apparently suspended it. What happened?Which other airlines have it? I saw mention of SQ and I think I heard China Airlines have it... any others? Are there alternative solutions?Thanks,Paul

>Question though ( real world ).. what's the story with the>boeing internet thing? I know LH had it.. and apparently>suspended it. What happened?Here is a quote from Wiki."On June 26, 2006 it became public that Boeing was exploring selling or shutting down Connexion By Boeing, having failed to attract sufficient customers. [2] The lack of sufficient customers was speculated to be a direct result of the U.S. domestic carriers pulling from agreements with Connexion after 9/11. While the European market thrived on the service, no U.S. domestic carriers were able to justify the $500,000 per plane investment and the weight cost of the additional hardware.On August 17, 2006, Boeing announced that it would discontinue its Connexion service, stating that, "the market for this service has not materialized as had been expected."

As the other reply states, Boeing shut down the service after failing to attract enough customers. The airlines that signed up are now flying around with the worthless pod and hardware installed (70+ widebodies in LH's case, CBB's largest customer)... and I always have to be reminded of it when I see the INOP stickers on the control panel at the purser's station. :(Panasonic was looking into restarting the service and said it would need airlines to sign up for 500 units by a certain time (can't remember exactly, end of the year or something like that) to make it commercially viable. Not sure what came of it... I also think some other companies are looking into it, however most of them prefer to use their own hardware.Other airlines that had it were Korean and SAS, aside from LH and the ones you mentioned.

It's coming... as soon as I get to it.

Thanks Marc and Mike....Sad story.. seemed like a good idea to me!Was this the only airborne internet solution? My parents flew KLM last year and I am sure they had email available ( 777).Cheers,Paul

>Was this the only airborne internet solution? >>My parents flew KLM last year and I am sure they had email>available ( 777).I'm not sure if it's the only internet solution.For your parents, if I had to guess, I'd say they were still using Connexion, because if I remember that wiki article correctly, the service didn't end until December 31, 2006. So if they flew last year, it would have still been around.Hopefully someone in the know, will tell us if it was/is the only internet service.

the product seems functional, why not release it and publish the repaints later...

>the product seems functional, why not release it and publish>the repaints later......because it's evidently not ready yet. The fact that it's not out indicates that it's not ready. Why would they not release it if it was ready? :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

KLM did not have CBB..And Connexion was the only broadband wireless internet service... unfortunately. It was pretty fast (downloads at around 120+kb/s) and reliable until you got a bit further south towards the equator. I just flew on LH yesterday and was sad to see the 'internet' button on the seat remote... to be reminded of the good old online days. ;)

Hi Marc..Looks like they still have the service.... must be some other solution.Taken from their website today....Boeing 777 and Airbus A330: Experience our World Business Class sleeper seats with 170-degree recline, 190-cm length, privacy canopy, massage setting, laptop power, telephone, interactive entertainment system, video on demand and e-mail/text messaging to any e-mail address or mobile telephone anywhere in the world;Cheers,Paul

Yes, they have their own kind of service but as it mentions, it is only for restricted text communication and not a broadband internet service like Connexion used to be.

Thanks for the clarification Marc.It seems such a good idea..... even as a money maker.. you have several hundred people stuck in a metal tube... bored for hours and hours... why not charge them per hour for use? As far as I understood the system before... you had to register with the Boeing supplier PRIOR to flying.. is that correct? If so, that seems a pretty poor business stragety, seeing as most of the users would be spur of the moment - " I'm bored.. oh look Lufty has internet.. neat... lets play with it-" types.I really hope another solution is found and implemented.Paul