Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

PMDG 747 and Vista

Just got a new laptop running 32 bit Vista. The 737 -900 installed just fine but the 744 didn't. Went to FAQ and did as was suggested running the set up file from the CD as administrator and then going to "compatability" and then running it as 2000 and as an Administrator. Neither worked. Any ideas?Gerry

Guest poschrob

I'm also experiencing problems with Vista & FS9 on my brand new laptop.After installing repaints for the 737NG series they just won't show up in FS, and I really have no idea why.any suggestions?thanks,Robert

Hi I am also having the same problem I tried all that has been said on here the PMDG site & Aerosoft none of them have an answer. It was after I had the 744 & FS2crew that I decided my old PC was not good enough for the task so I bought myself a new one, but could not get one with XP. I sure hope someone can find an answer. I wonder if anyone has had the 744 running on Vista yet.Regards Dave

>Hi I am also having the same problem I tried all that has>been said on here the PMDG site & Aerosoft none of them have>an answer. It was after I had the 744 & FS2crew that I decided>my old PC was not good enough for the task so I bought myself>a new one, but could not get one with XP. I sure hope someone>can find an answer. I wonder if anyone has had the 744 running>on Vista yet.>Regards DaveHi Dave- Yes, I am running the 400 and 400F on Vista- I did install the 737 800-900 but have since uninstalled it (yet again). They all run/ran without issue- first install. I just right click on every exe and Run as Adminstrator. Also, on the FS9.exe I have compatibility set for XP SP2 if that helps. Please note however, this is on a HP DESKTOP not a laptop.I am having small issues- but nothing to do with program stability- they have run for hours at a time without issue (until last night when I locked up :( ) but maybe that was a fluke....I hope.....I hope.... :)Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Dave,I found the answer on this site but it needs clarification so here goes, What you have to do is this;Don't use the "Install PMDG" from the autorun once you put the aerosoft CD in the drive. Use explorer (file manager) to find the setup.exe on the CD. Now don't select "run as administrator" from here. No - go to "Properties" and then "Compatability" and select under the "Privilege" tab "run as admin" and it will now work. That should be the only ticked box under the compatability tab. If you see the tab flashing orange on the taskbar you have to click on it to give permission for it to continue. I know - a pain but that is Vista it seems.Gerry

Hi Gerrythanks for that, but I did all that & it did not work. But I tried something else which did work. I dont know why it did because I have user accounts turned off. What I did in addition to all the other steps you and others have told me was to set all the same settings again but this time for the other users button below in the compatability tab. In addition on both sections I disabled "visual themes" "desktop composition" & "display scaling on DPI settings" Hey presto as soon as I clicked on "run as administrator" it worked. Its taken 3 weeks to get to this. Mine is also a HP dektop.I hope others who may have trouble will find this, & find it useful.Regards and thanks.Dave

Dave,What do you mean that you have "User Accounts off" - you referring to UAC - User Account Control? That's what needs to be off if you want to get rid of the security popups etc. Just want to make sure you're turning the right thing off.Guys, in general with Vista, it's a good idea to run ANY old program or installer with the Run as Adminstrator option. As installers and stuff get updated to support Vista's new account stuff you won't have to do this, but it's the best way to ensure that everything's gonna work. FSX should be fine in normal mode, but I'd run all of the PMDG installers (including liveries) and FS9 itself in Adminstrator mode to make sure there's no permissions issues on files the sim tries to access. This is actually a good thing in the long run despite the hassles it can cause with old programs. OS'es like Linux and MacOS X all operate on this sort of user permissions/access rights system - it helps prevent all the virus and spyware crap that plauged XP and earlier and stops unauthorized changes to the system.Our Vista FAQ in case any of you haven't seen it:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_Windows_Vista_FAQ

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryanyes that is what I have done turned off UAC. But anyway if you see my last post I have it sorted now. I have sent Aerosoft the solution that worked for me. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I have some screenshots of what I did if anyone wants too know. See attachedRegardsDave

Sorry the files have come as text I must have done something wrong. I will try again.Dave

Sorry I have made a mess of attachments so I give up now. But contact me through here if I can help . Dave:-)