Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

APPCRASH on exit

Hi Alex,I have everything at defaults, I am about to place a better PSU into my case in order to get better performance.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Jeff,>>We don't have any real idea what's causing this yet. It's in>our bug tracking software and we'll be taking a look at it ->the problem with these types of issues is that it's very hard>to actually catch one in the act so to say with our debuggers>since they're random.Ryan, I have the exact same problem, and I

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Jeff-contact me privately - I have some questions for you... lkalamaras (at) precisionmanuals (dot) com.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Jeff->>contact me privately - I have some questions for you... >>lkalamaras (at) precisionmanuals (dot) com.Sorry about the curiosity Lefteris, but is this any fix to the problem?Thank you a lot

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Guest Mower

Just noticed this exact same problem myself. But I have no time nor inclination to t/s it myself. So I will watch and wait.

Nothing I can talk about at the moment. I just need Jeff to answer some questions for me, as my post said. Don't read anything else into it please.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Email sent.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hey Jeff!Any solution? Conclusion?Regards

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Rafael-PLEASE take it easy. We understand it's annoying, but it's definitely NOT critical (and there IS a workaround). We're looking into it and when we have further news, be assured I'll post it.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hey Jeff, sorry about the hurry and of course it

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Guest BrunoGF

Hi Rafael,I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall and tested this. Did not work! Same application crash when ending a flight in the 400F.Since I do not know what else is going (or can go) wrong during a flight, I have grounded the plane. Would like to hear about a solution though.Bruno

Bruno-this bug has been identified and fixed. We're still looking into a couple other small issues before releasing a service update. In the meantime, I think other users have reported a workaround you can use.Kinda unnecessary to ground a plane because of a crash on application exit, don't you think? :-)

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest BrunoGF

Lefteris,Thanks for the info!I did not have too much cargo to transport anyway... and it saves a lot of fuel besides.Bruno

Hi RobertThere has been a few posts concerning this issue and if I remember correctly Ryan replied once that they are working on the problem. I have also posted a screenshot of the error message in this forum but have had very little response on it. There were definately more guys with the same issue and hopefully they will lock on to this thread.Now, I have experienced this APPCRASH on Exit with the FSX Freight Version as well. I do not experience the problem as Jeff describes with the loud noise etc. but definately the APPCRASH. I have also done a few of tests with the PAX version but did once get the APPCRASH, only when exiting from the F Version. I do experience some flickering when starting up the PMDG 744X/F running 2 monitors with Vista but I overcome that by pressing ALT ENTER twice to get me back to full screen mode. I guess this is still a Vista Driver issue.I am running Vista Ultimate with all the latest updates, I have FS9 & FSX installed. Other than FSUIPC, I have no other addons installed on my machine.Specs as follows:Vista Ultimate2 x Samsung 226BW 22" LCD MonitorsIntel Bad Axe Extreme MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo ProcessorNVIDIA 8800GTX Graphics Card4x 1Gb Corsair Matched Pair Gaming RAMSoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS sound cardThermaltake 800w Power SupplyCH Products Yoke & PedalsTrackIR Pro Microsoft Intellitype Pro Wireless Keyboard & MouseI have made sure that I have all the latest drivers and service packs installed and the Bios has been upgraded with the latest drivers. I checked all file folders for the correct permissions and I am the only one using the machine as administrator.CheersJohan ViljoenCape TownSouth Africa

Johan-did you bother to read the entire thread? I mention towards the bottom that the APPCRASH on exit has been identified and fixed for an upcoming service release.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg