Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

APPCRASH on exit

Ryan,Good idea. You know, I do have an extra two sticks I bought in anticipation of FSX Accel.Off to do it now.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Jeff,You're still able to fly the airplane correct? This is just an error that's happening when you close down the sim?We're looking into it, but if it's not actually stopping you from flying the airplane I wouldn't obsesses over doing a bunch of reinstalls etc. We'll let everyone know when we figure out the cause...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Jeff-Something small for you to take heart!I saw this APPCRASH about ten minutes ago while testing something unrelated on the 400F...I can't seem to duplicate the item- but I've seen it- so I know you aren't "Crazy." We'll keep looking!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert, Ryan,A few things:1) It does actually work. Yes, this problem is just with the Freight model and, yeah, I can actually fly it. However, like a "noise" or "shimmy" in a new car, I am kinda obsessing. You see, the Freight model is what I've been keenly waiting for. Our beloved Queen, now in our hands, was a little overdue on this flight. :-)2) Not the memory. Ryan, the memtest86 was a great idea (I had been meaning to test this since dropping in the extra 2 sticks to go do 4GB) but alas the good news is, the memory passed an overnight burn-in with flying colors.3) The problem is just with the Freight variant. Robert, honestly, I think there's *something* with the Freight model's panel/gauges going on here. I don't suspect any of the Dummy panel's subgauges as the APPCRASH behavior doesn't show up with the pax version. Since the crash happens on PMDG_747400_Main.DLL, then I think perhaps the MCP_F or any of the ISFD_* subgauges may be worth looking at as they constitute what is different on the Freight model's panel.4) Subtle differences. One thing I notice on a reliably repeatable basis is a difference in the initial cockpit sounds which play in the Pax versus Freight versions. When I turn the Standy Power from Off to Auto (this is when things come to life), things like the CRT/LCD displays and the FMC/CDU display and such all spring to life. In the freight model, the panel (presumably PMDG_747400_Main.DLL) is playing this sound SoundPMDGPMDG747_AVFANS.wav during this initial process whereas I always hear what I believe is a combination of these sounds, SoundPMDGPMDG_electrics.wav or SoundPMDGPMDG_fans.wav, when I start up the Pax version.Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Robert, Ryan, etc.I thought I'd let you know that the APPCRASH on exit when using the 747-400F is still an issue after the updated installer (the PMDG_747400_Mail.dll file has a date/time stamp of 11/2/2007 4:56 PM).Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Jeff,We don't have any real idea what's causing this yet. It's in our bug tracking software and we'll be taking a look at it - the problem with these types of issues is that it's very hard to actually catch one in the act so to say with our debuggers since they're random.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,I would like to direct you to Johan's post: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=140050&page=Johan is having the EXACT problem and his hardware/software combination is very similar to mine. Perhaps between the two of us you can start to see a trend.Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest Just747-400

Dear Jeff,It looks like we have almost the same specs, so please try the following before you go with a reinstall. It happened to me with this Vista and FSXACCEL/SP.Turn the User Account to Off, just temporary while you do the reinstall and don

Hey Alex,I've had UAC off for months now (since May).I have the Catalyst 7.10 WHQL drivers installed.I picked up the latest XFi drivers just this past week. Is this what you mean by the update for the Creative XFI?Thanks for the input,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest Just747-400

>Hey Alex,>>I've had UAC off for months now (since May).>>I have the Catalyst 7.10 WHQL drivers installed.>>I picked up the latest XFi drivers just this past week. Is>this what you mean by the update for the Creative XFI?>>Thanks for the input,>>JeffDear Jeff,Yes, I was referring about the drivers, my headache started after I installed the Acc pack. I am sorry, I have no idea what else, I guess we have to wait for and answer from the programmers.

Jeff-while my answer won't be "satisfactory" to you, I can only say this: "It's on our radar". There's a lot of NDA'd stuff I can't talk about so if/when I have further info on this topic I'll return to it.I realize this isn't what you want to hear, necessarily, but it's all I can provide at the moment.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Not an answer, but I think I have have a work around, works for me anyway:When I'm ready to exit a flight while using the 747x I use the "flights" heading on the menu bar then under "flights" I hit "exit" If at anytime I use the "end flight" from the menu bar or the dialog box after hitting the "esc" key I will get a fatal error when I exit FSX ....Everytime. In a nut shell, when I'm ready to exit the plane, I'm exiting the game and restarting FSX before I go back to the cockpit, any cockpit, even a default FSX aircraft.

Hey FunkNNasty,I appreciate the tip, I'm going to try it out right now. That makes sense as I have noticed the weirdness connected to the "end flight" button.HEY! THAT WORKS!!! Thanks!Jeff

Jeff Bea

>Jeff->>while my answer won't be "satisfactory" to you, I can only say>this: "It's on our radar". There's a lot of NDA'd stuff I>can't talk about so if/when I have further info on this topic>I'll return to it.>>I realize this isn't what you want to hear, necessarily, but>it's all I can provide at the moment.Lefteris, I appreciate the answer at the very least. I suppose you referring to a Microsoft NDA as the 747X is your product. Since I've heard that this oddity actually happens with other add-ons then I suspect that FSX (SP1 and later) might be playing a part.Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest Just747-400

Dear Jeff,Would you be so kind and let me know what are your settings on the ATI card.It has nothing to do with your problem, I am just curious.