Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

Please provide some advice based on these screeenies

Hi Guys,Firstly, I love your 747X and I am sure all of us really appreciatte your hard work. Furthermore, I feel realy sorry for you guys who are currently manning the forum. Millions of posts!, its must have been realy stressful since the release of the 747X.Anyway i have some screenies attached and hope you can give me some advice.I have been receiving a realy annoying "flying Tip" message from FSX pertaining to criticaly low fuel levels in spite of the aircraft have plenty of fuel onboard. Then later in the flight i also received a FMC message saying "> Fuel Tank/Engine. can someone explain this to me as i suspect i have made an error somewhere.Secondly: how do i cancel FMC messages on the EFIS display once i have taken the nescesarry action?. again i suspect I am at fault somewhere here.Lastly: The autopilot speed hold/select button does not seem to engage and or work. For example upon de-parture and when i engage the speed select button nothing happens and before i know it the queen has exceeded my desired speed very rapidly. I think i have found a workaround for this by clicking again on VNAV and then pulling and then pushing again the speed selector dial. So..., what am i doing wrong or might this be an error?Anyway im keen for some advice how i can resolve this and look forward to hearing from anyone who has some knowledge of this.Aside from that i have had two great flight and look forward to many more. I love the wing flex and that awsome spoiler sound!!Great Job and thanks,Nicholas Boskovichttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179661.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179663.txt

Nice shot! Love the PAL livery.Always liked flying RPLL to RPVK. I know it should be done in a 737 or smaller but I'm going try it in the 747X, or maybe even RPLL to RPVE :)Btw, looks like you are over RP, where abouts?

Matthew S

For Tank to Engine, you have to close #1 and #4 crossfeeds and turn off #2 and #3 override pumps.If you still have a FMC Message on the EICAS, that means you didn't take the necessary action. It should've disappeared as soon as you cleared the message from the FMC.I'm not sure about question 3.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Sorry, Nicholas, but two of your attachments seem to be text files (which makes the problem hard to diagnose).Can you repost the pics.Thanks.Q>

There are similar tips in FS9 but I don't remember exactly how to turn them off. Try and look for an option called 'Flying Tips' and uncheck the box. It would most likely be in one of the aircraft or options sub-menus. That will prevent any pop-ups like that from showing up.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest AJ

Hi,The innsuficient fuel message on the FMC is based upon the number you enter in the "reserves," box on the "perf" page of the FMC. It is not telling you that you are running out of fuel right now, but rather, that you do not have enough fuel to reach your destination and still have the quantity of reserve fuel that you entered into the box.Thus, if you are absolutely sure that you have enough fuel to reach your destination, then you might have entered too high a number in the reserves box. The manual has a thorough and eaasy to understand section on fuel planning, including suggestions about how much reserves you need. Read it it will help.Andrew

Thanks Andrew, that was the answer i was looking for!!any idea about the spped hold switch?I got this from the manual but i still am confused as it does not seem to work as described for me. Again im sure this is my user error."SPD Switch: if pressed, the autothrottle is engaged in speed mode. SPD will be annunciated on the PFD and the throttle will control thrust to maintain the IAS/Mach displayed in the IAS/Mach MCp window. SPD mode will not exceed minimum or maximum speed limits, and cannot be engaged while the auto throttle is in THR REF mode"My problem is that the SPD switch does not seem to engage. i did read above in the manual that if the flight director is engaged that youcan not use the SPD switch command?. so if i understand correctly, if i want to use the speed switch to control thrust, i should not engage the flight director until i am ready to use the Vnav/ Lnav funtions for flight?Sorry to make an issue out of something that is probably very simple.Thanks,Nicholas Boskovic

Nicholas:The flying tips are in the Aircraft Options (where the realism, Gyro, Drift etc.) and ought to be turned off. As far as Tank/Engine- it occurs when Main 2 is equal or less than Main 1 or Main 3 is equal or less to Main 4 around 51T fuel remaining. At that point, switch off the overrides for 2 and 3 and close the crossfeeds for 1 and 4.Fuel planning is its own science and one that is very rewarding with a little effort. I concur- read the manuals, browse the internet and digest all you can. Knowing you can flight plan a 397T departure some 6000+ nm- CORRECTLY- is it's own reward!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Nicholas,If FLCH or VNAV are engaged (check your flight mode announciator at the top of your PFD) then pressing the SPD button has no effect. You need first to change your active pitch mode (e.g. press ALT HLD or VS).Similarly, if you press THR with FLCH or VNAV engaged the only thing that will happen is the active thrust limit will switch from whatever it was to max TO (if you previously had a TO-derate) or CLB from whatever else (e.g. CRZ, CLB 1, CLB 2) when 4 engines are operative or CON if you have an engine failure.This is the exact operation.Check our wiki for more info here :http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...are_and_FeedingIt is quite a sophisticated system.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Mr Vaos,thanks alot for your reply regarding the SPD button. Your reply was simple and straightforward for me to understand.Cheers,Nicholas Boskovic

Dear Dr. Vaos,Again thanks for your post regarding my question.I have since read the WIKI entry that you suggested at do find this very very useful, however, it seems that there are no images inserted where they say they should be on the tutorial.Is there somewhere else where i can view or download this lesson with the images inserted?Kind Regards,Nicholas Boskovic