Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Unable to make any 744 FSX Default Flight

I've tried different versions, both running and cold, but I cannot make my default flight a PMDG 747-400X. It always CTD during the Navdata load with the FSX banner showing.Someone else reported this problem last month but no fix got posted.If I startup with the default ultralight, then select a 744 flight, there's no problem. But, it's kinda annoying.Anyone have this figured out?I'm using current 0712 navdata, but I don't think it has anything to do with the data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Same problem here. Have been rebuilding and have had it on both WinXP 32 and 64. AMD4800 dual core, Geforce8800. Also tried new navadata and that did not work either. Same exact symptom.

Gents-as luck would have it, I am working on that exact problem right now trying hard to resolve it for the Service Release. So hang on - I'll report back with findings.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks in advance. for further info, if it helps, I think it may have to do with installing on a clean build. 747X worked fine on Vista 64, until I got an OOM. Downgraded to WinXP 32, clean build, and it then got the problem, same thing for XP64, which I'm on now. Both times clean builds but did run FSX a couple of times before installing 74x. Have FSX sp1, didn't have fsuipc installed when I did the install, but after putting it on still didn't resolve the problem. XP SP2 both times.

Same problem. Sometimes it can load, sometimes it hangs at loading runway data 0 for 744X.Also after any flight with 744X I have to restart FSX before flying again or cockpit has some wierd switch positions. For example battery is off but engines are running.Matyas Majzik

Gents-there's nothing you can do to fix this on your end - it was a bug and it was fixed. The fix will be included in the Service Release.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg