Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

FSBuild with PMDG

I would like to import a PMDG flightplan into FSBuild but the FSBuild Import function does not seem to support this. Does anyone if this can be done ?

zachlog

Hi, please sign your name to your posts, it's a forum rule.You can go from FS Build to PMDG, but not the other way around.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

OK, that explains why Import did not work.However, I am not doing so well with FSBuild ==> PMDG. When I put the checkmarks next to PMDG 737.... and FSX (xml, after the Build process completes, I get a msg box that the flightplan has been placed in the respective locations for the above two selections and the paths look correct. However, the default MS-FSX flightplan is where it's supposed to be but the PMDG flightplan is not (in the ....PMDG/Flightplans directory).Any ideas ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

FSBuild has an options screen that allows you to specify where the files go. The default location for 737NG is in the FS9 area, I think you should find them there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Prior to running the Build process, I check-off:FSX (xml)PMDG 737/747 (MSFS)I get a msg box giving me the paths and filenames of the two resulting flightplans. The FSX (xml) plan is there, no problem.The path FSBuild plays back to me for the PMDG plan is C:.....PMDGFLIGHTPLANSLGAVLIPE.RTE, which is the correct path but file LGAVLIPE.RTE is not there. I then run a Vista search just in case somehow the flightplan ended-up in some other directory. Search tells me that there is only one file on the computer named "LGAV....." and it's file LGAV-LIPE.PLN, which the FSX/xml file from above.What happened to the PMDG flightplan ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Zac,I have had problems with FSBuild 2 when new to it. The interface is far from friendly. However, if you read the documentation VERY carefully and follow it EXACTLY, you will find it works (I can't quickly recall the details). Then you will be able to easily make your own flight plans.I have found that using RouteFinder (http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/) and then cutting/pasting the resultant route into FSBUILD 2, is a very fast way of building your own PMDG flight plans.Just you need a level of good luck!Good reading,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Many thanks for the RouteFinder, it will be of great help....and I understand what you mean about the product.....I have to overcome the learning curve.Regards,Zach

zachlog

When I saw the "force write permissions on the PMDG folder " in the first note in the thread, I knew it was the same bug that bit me in the past multiple times......run the program with Administrator privileges and this fixed it.Thank you very muchZach

zachlog

Guest luvanegra

Hi I read this settings somewhere and till now had no problems..1.Go to Export To and make sure PMDG 737/747(MSFS)has a check mark next to it.2.Click on Options and then click on Browse next to FS2004/FSX and set the path to Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator X.3.Next to Export_Directories click on Settings.Scroll down and under Export To put a check mark next to PMDG 737NG.4.Click the Save Config Options button and then click OK.5.Now shut down FSBuild.6.Restart FSBuild and hopefully you'll be able to export your plan ok.