Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Do My Eyes deceive me here?

Hey Guys, look at these pix.... According to the ND I should be running parallel with runway 13 at VHHX. Clearly i'm not! Is that a PMDG issue, a 9Dragons issue, or just a visual glitch i shouldn't be concerned about?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183920.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183921.jpg

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

Looks like a navdata issue. It seems that the runway is the same heading as the IGS approach (082), and not heading 130 as it should be.

Phil Brown

this looks like another case of a misaligned ND...see our outher posts on this board about it...i discovered earlier that with my runway on the ND (a runway i am sitting in the middle of) i would start my takeoff roll and by the time i got to the other end of the runway, even though i was right on centerline, the ND showed me far to the right of the runway edge even...as for a solution im at a total loss, this is the 3rd place ive posted the same issue and nothing has worked yet....not even a complete reinstall and a rollback of my AIRAC

Guys,Firstly I am presuming you followed the installation instructions that came with the readme file inside the 9D download (I was the beta designer for the Navaids (AFCAD) & the writer of the VHHX SID/STAR File).Looks like the text in the various NAVDATA files is not set correctly, RWY 13 is on the HDG of 136 degrees, the IGS on 088 degrees inbound....your picture seems to show the rwy symbol on the ND as on the same HDG as the inbound cse on the IGS...I do not have a clue how this has happened.Now,Locate the FMCWP file in the FS9 root folder then explore that file to the NAVDATA File. Then just paste into the correct file overwriting the original...I always add Kai Tak entries just below VHHH & it seems to work successfuly every time. These files can be found in the FMCWP folder within the FS9 root directory://///////////FILENAME: wpNavAPT.txt //ADDS VHHX RWY SYMBOLOGY TO THE NDHong Kong VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176111.9013600015Hong Kong VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064109.9031600015FILENAME: airports.dat //ADDS KAI TAK TO ARPTS ON NDVHHX 22.316959 114.202621/////////////Hope this helps...make sure the lines of text line up correctly underneath the previous entry.Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Just a hint to add to Steve's instructions, don't use tab chars to fill white space... use only spaces.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SuperGrover

>Looks like a navdata issue. It seems that the runway is the>same heading as the IGS approach (082), and not heading 130 as>it should be.I would have to agree with everything that's been said, definitely a navdata issue.Matthew R.Intel Pentium 2 450 MHz128 MB RAM1GB HDDWIN 9514" CRT :(

I think mine is sorted - thanks guys.Never crossed my mind that after installing AIRAC 0801, i'd have to change all the VHHX settings again!Many thanks for the detailed feedback - this forum just rocks sometimes!!!!

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)