Sign in to follow this  
Jones

PMDG MD-11 Progress Update!

Guest Jake Lee

Robert, You have no idea how happy I am to hear that the MD-11 manual will be released before the product is. I am very much looking forward to my UPS delivery flight, KLGB-KSDF. It's going to be great to know everything I can about the PMDG MD-11 before I can take it in the air. Woohoo!- Jake

Hey guys will manual be for either or just both versions of The MD-11 and how soon do you guys think a repaint kit will be released for the MD-11 ThanksSignature Rules: 1.) Only one (1) image is allowed2.) That image shall not be larger than 400 x 60 pixels in size3.) The image file shall not be larger than 10 Kbytes in size4.) The image can be animated, but shall not exceed the 10 Kbytes size

Guest Jake Lee

>Hey guys will manual be for either or just both versions of>The MD-11 and how soon do you guys think a repaint kit will be>released for the MD-11 Thanks>>>> Maybe clarification? By "both" versions which do you mean, MD-11 and MD-11F, or the MD-11 for FS9 and FSX?- Jake

>Yes! A brand new toy to play with! :D Now off to find>current MD-11 operators. KLM, Finnair, World Airways, FedEx, UPS, TAM, Shanghai Cargo, Martinair, Eva Air Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo, Alitalia Cargo, VARIG LOG, China Eastern Cargo, Saudi Arabian Airlines Cargo, Transmile Air Services, Gemini Air Cargo, 1 Saudi Arabian VIP Pax plane... plenty I'd say!Of those four are doing PAX services, and the VIP one. The rest is Cargo.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Jake Lee

> The>rest is Cargo.>>Regards,>Markus Jackpot! That's why I want this plane so bad -- other than the occasional JFK-Helsinki route.- Jake

>Maybe clarification? By "both" versions which do you mean,>>MD-11 and MD-11F>the MD-11 for FS9 and FSX?Well if you put it that wasy then any of them the one that is released first will most likely be the one i download but which one that will be hasn't been determaned yet so any of them then. ThanksSignature Rules: 1.) Only one (1) image is allowed2.) That image shall not be larger than 400 x 60 pixels in size3.) The image file shall not be larger than 10 Kbytes in size4.) The image can be animated, but shall not exceed the 10 Kbytes size

Yeah don't forget the Former Sabena Airlines. The SVAGroup.org Va is currently using the MD-11 as PAx carrier not sure about cargo thoughSignature Rules: 1.) Only one (1) image is allowed2.) That image shall not be larger than 400 x 60 pixels in size3.) The image file shall not be larger than 10 Kbytes in size4.) The image can be animated, but shall not exceed the 10 Kbytes size

Guest Jake Lee

>Well if you put it that wasy then any of them the one that is>released first will most likely be the one i download but>which one that will be hasn't been determaned yet so any of>them then. Thanks> I was hoping we would get some clarification from PMDG. Didn't want to ask the same question twice.. - Jake

And it's not like you can only fly current airlines with the MD-11...the beauty of FS is that it's a sandbox.

Guest Jake Lee

>And it's not like you can only fly current airlines with the>MD-11...the beauty of FS is that it's a sandbox. True. Zurich-LAX sounds nice. Or re-creating Zurich-Sao Paulo-Buenos Aires with Swiss -- I have the JustPlanes DVD and it looks like a great route. *Tossing it in the DVD player with a beer, looking forward to the day when I can give a detailed presentation.*- Jake

This is really great news thanks. I can't wait to fly the MD11F into my home airport of East Midlands. With the manual release will there be a tutorial for how to fly the bird? I think your previous manuals are very thorough but I really like to have a tutuorial to follow when I first get to fly a new plane. Andy S

>Yeah don't forget the Former Sabena Airlines. The>SVAGroup.org Va is currently using the MD-11 as PAx carrier>not sure about cargo thoughMy list was about CURRENT operators only, not VAs or past operators. Of course the list of those in the past is a long one too.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>With the manual release will there be a tutorial for how to>fly the bird? I think your previous manuals are very thorough>but I really like to have a tutuorial to follow when I first>get to fly a new plane. We will have tutorials ready right at the release.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard