Sign in to follow this  
Jones

PMDG MD-11 Progress Update!

>>Yes! A brand new toy to play with! :D Now off to find>>current MD-11 operators. >>KLM, Finnair, World Airways, FedEx, UPS, TAM, Shanghai Cargo,>Martinair, Eva Air Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo, Alitalia Cargo,>VARIG LOG, China Eastern Cargo, Saudi Arabian Airlines Cargo,>Transmile Air Services, Gemini Air Cargo, 1 Saudi Arabian VIP>Pax plane... plenty I'd say!>Of those four are doing PAX services, and the VIP one. The>rest is Cargo.>>Regards,>MarkusThanks Markus!Ryan Gamurot

Guest Jake Lee

Will there be a feature to calculate de-rated takeoff thrust?- Jake

>Will there be a feature to calculate de-rated takeoff>thrust?>>- JakeIt would actually be nice if PMDG could forward the TO info to Christian so he could quickly put it together for TOPCAT. Since it already features the PMDG B744 and LDS B763(ER), it would be nice to have all the takeoff performace figures for the MD-11 as well in one program. Just my opinion.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Markus,by the time PMDG will release its MD-11, you might want to review your list of current MD-11-operators. I.e. right now, Transmile is struggling, and there are rumours that they are going to sell their MD-11s.Regarding the liveries of PMDG's MD-11: Can you provide a list with the liveries which will be available upon release of the MD-11?Thanks,Peter Zahner

>>Yeah don't forget the Former Sabena Airlines. The>>SVAGroup.org Va is currently using the MD-11 as PAx carrier>>not sure about cargo though>>My list was about CURRENT operators only, not VAs or past>operators. Of course the list of those in the past is a long>one too.>>Regards,>Markus>Hi Markus,First of all my congrats to the PMDG-team. I'll be more then happy when the manual will be released. I was waiting from the first minute for this beautifull 3-jet aircraft and now start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that there will be not a delay from alpha to beta test.May I tell you that Gemini Air Cargo (see http://www.gac-cargo.com) also operates the MD-11 and are flying to EBBR (Brussels) and EBOS (Ostend).My best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

I second this motion...As a new TOPCAT user myself, I also would like to see the MD-11 data made available to Christian as soon as possible. Accurately calculating Runway usage and incorporating FSBuild2 burn-rates has added another level of realism to my hobby.Oh, and don't forget to let Ernie know how to properly incorporate flightplan exports from FSBuild2 for the MD-11. Ideally, Ernie could release a fix for FSBuild2 the same day as the MD-11 hits the streets.If the MD-80 series is called the MadDog, what is the MD-11? Does it have an official nickname? ;)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Ryan Briggs

>I second this motion...>>As a new TOPCAT user myself, I also would like to see the>MD-11 data made available to Christian as soon as possible. >Accurately calculating Runway usage and incorporating FSBuild2>burn-rates has added another level of realism to my hobby.>>Oh, and don't forget to let Ernie know how to properly>incorporate flightplan exports from FSBuild2 for the MD-11. >Ideally, Ernie could release a fix for FSBuild2 the same day>as the MD-11 hits the streets.>>If the MD-80 series is called the MadDog, what is the MD-11? >Does it have an official nickname? ;)The two most popular nicknames for the MD-11 are"MD-Lemon" and "Scud"MD-Lemon is due to the initial problems AA was having with the airplane and Scud is because just like an iraqi Scud both took off fine but you never knew when they would come down ;)

Guest Ryan Briggs

>"The end is near....">>BryanThe DC-10 was lovingly known as the "Flying Coffin" by UA pilotsMad Dog also refers to any airplane manufactured by MD.if you tell an American pilot Mad Dog today he thinks MD-80tell a FedEx Pilot Mad Dog and he thinks MD-11

Guest threedeltamax

Excellent News! I eagerly await any news from PMDG, regardless of aircraft.I honestly think that the MD-11 will set the bar for FSX! Yes, even higher than the 747-400X!

When can we expect liveries?Thanks for the update.Richy

Guest Jake Lee

Can anyone at PMDG give us an approximate time of when the manual will be released? Thanks.- Jake

Guest klm_md11

Hi Robert !How with this videos in beginning next week :>?Regards

Mo-Thanks for asking. :-)Everyone is healthy and happy- although the dogs aren't getting as much sleep as they used to get before The Munchkin learned to walk.Amazing how such a little person can change your entire perspective in life. Absolutely wonderful- and I wouldn't trade one minute of it for anything in the world.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com