Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

female pilots

Well, here is one! :Dhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192698.jpgElla is turning two in November and loves to fly with my setup. Whenever I fire up the flightsim computer, she comes running and demands to sit in my lap. I am not allowed to touch any of the controls when she is handling the yoke although she could need some help with keeping the plane in level flight! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Marc Harrington

Around 10% of the pilots at my airline are female. As for the sim world goes, no idea... probably a lot less. :)

Guest tff325

My son is a real world 747 pilot (KLM). About 5% of his collegues are female, flying 737,777,747, Airbus or one of the Fokkers in the KLM fleet.rgds,Ben

>My son is a real world 747 pilot (KLM). About 5% of his>collegues are female, flying 737,777,747, Airbus or one of the>Fokkers in the KLM fleet.>>rgds,>BenHi ben,which plane does your son fly?Wijnand (EHBK)

Guest tff325

>>My son is a real world 747 pilot (KLM). About 5% of his>>collegues are female, flying 737,777,747, Airbus or one of>the>>Fokkers in the KLM fleet.>>>>rgds,>>Ben>>>Hi ben,>>which plane does your son fly?>>Wijnand (EHBK)It says in my posting: 747rgds,Ben

>I'm amazed no one here mentioned 'Starbuck'. She's the best>pilot in the fleet :-)>>Bryan>But that's because she's a Cylon ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You would be surprised how many women pilots there are in military service in many countries around the world- not just in fighters but for example, B52 drivers in the USAF.One of the most famous female military fliers was Hanna Reitsch- one of a really bad dude's personal pilots. In the final days of WWII, she flew a Storch into Berlin, landing on the main boulevard amidst bursting Russian shellfire, in a desperate attempt to rescue her Fuhrer from the Reich Chancelry bunker. A failed effort, as a really bad dude had already committed suicide.Alex Reid

Yes, you are right. Must be my age....Greetings from Heerlen!Wijnand (25 KM east of EHBK)

I know FedEx has a bunch of female pilots based at KBOS, KEWR and KMEM. You can hear one of them on a FL350 video at EGCC. Regards,Alex

>Great link Dilip...>>BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a>living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer>instinct IMHO.That's a pretty sexist comment and I'm sure the many female fighter pilots in the world's air forces would disagree with it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Mower

>>Great link Dilip...>>>>BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a>>living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer>>instinct IMHO.>>That's a pretty sexist comment and I'm sure the many female>fighter pilots in the world's air forces would disagree with>it...Well if so here I am. I call it the way I see and shoot from the hip.Only snag of course is that I am not a RL fighter pilot so I could just be a ignorant a-hole. ;)And thanx for your continued efforts.

Guest Callmecapt

Thought this would be of interest.I got this email about a year ago.Prototype1.jpgThe plane in these pictures is still officially the "Air Vehicle Number 1," a prototype, on board the USS George Washington CVN-73 for catapult fit checks. Not exactly still Top Secret but certainly not yet made public. It will be known as the F/A-37. Although specs are classified, it is believed to be Mach 3.5 (top speed in the Mach 4 range) super-cruise stealth fighter/bomber/interceptor with approximately a 4,000nm range. Awesome! Check out the Navy test pilot in the cockpit of the F/A-37...LT Kara Wade Prototype_Kara%20Wade.jpgAnd lets see if PMDG will make this after all their current projects are completed:New%20Boeing.jpgLook at this new aircraft.... Boeing is preparing a 1000 - passenger jet that could reshape the Air travel industry for the next 100 years. The radical Blended Wing design has been developed by Boeing in cooperation with the NASA Langley Research Center. The mammoth plane will have a wing span of 265 feet compared to the 747's 211 feet, and is designed to fit within the newly - created terminals used for the 555 - seat Airbus A380, which is 262 feet wide. The new 797 is in direct response to the Airbus A380 which has racked up 159 orders, but has not yet flown any passengers. Boeing decide to kill its 747X stretch super - jumbo in 2003 after little interest was shown by airline companies, but has continued to develop the ultimate Airbus -crusher 797 for years at its Phantom Works research facility in Long Beach, Calif. The Airbus A380 has been in the works since 1999 and has accumulated $13 billion in development costs, which gives Boeing a huge advantage now that Airbus has committed to the older style tubular aircraft for decades to come. There are several big advantages to the blended wing design, the most important being the lift todrag ratio which is expected to increase by an amazing 50%, with overall weight reduced by 25%, making it an estimated 33% more efficient than the A380, and making Airbus's $13 billion dollar investment look pretty shaky.High bodyrigidity is another key factor in blended wing aircraft, It reduces turbulence and creates less stress on the air frame which adds to efficiency, giving the 797 a tremendous 8800 nautical mile range with its 1000 passengers flying comfortably at mach 0.88 or 654 mph (+-1046km/h) cruising speed another advantage over the Airbus tube-and-wing designed A380's 570 mph (912 km/h .) The exact date for introduction is unclear, yet the battle lines are clearly drawn in the high-stakes war for civilian air supremacy. Goran