Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dicko

Air-conditioning noise

Is there a way to lower the air-condtioning noise in the cockpit of the 747 without lowering the other cabin sounds?Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Already tried that, no change. If I turn the bleed air off on the overhead panel the noise stops , thats how I realized it was the air-conditioning. On my previous install the noise could be reduced by pushing Q twice but after re-installing on Vista 64, the noise remains at an annoying level even after pushing Q twice.Andrew

Already tried that, no change. If I turn the bleed air off on the overhead panel the noise stops , thats how I realized it was the air-conditioning. On my previous install the noise could be reduced by pushing Q twice but after re-installing on Vista 64, the noise remains at an annoying level even after pushing Q twice.Andrew

The noise is generated by the packs and the sound file is PMDG747_PACKS. Is there any way to lower the volume of this wave file.Andrew

Andrew,Find the file "PMDG747_PACKS", it should be in the FS "Sound" folder.... and while FS is not loaded make a backup of this flle. Once you made a backup then you can use an audio editor to reduce the volume of this file - There are many freeware audio editors which can do this option. Simply open the mentioned file with an audio editor and then adjust the volume to your personal preference and then save the file.Now when you load the aircraft it should have quieter packs without affecting other sounds. Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

>Andrew,>>Find the file "PMDG747_PACKS", it should be in the FS "Sound">folder.... and while FS is not loaded make a backup of this>flle. >>Once you made a backup then you can use an audio editor to>reduce the volume of this file - There are many freeware audio>editors which can do this option. Simply open the mentioned>file with an audio editor and then adjust the volume to your>personal preference and then save the file.>>Now when you load the aircraft it should have quieter packs>without affecting other sounds.>> >Armen L Cholakian>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpgagree: that's how I did it to reduce the "trim" sound in the PMDG 737NG. However it might be realistic, for me it was too loud.Should work fine!Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck