Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

10OCT08 Updated MD-11 Release Planning Information

Rob,Do any of the "loose ends" w.r.t. documentation affect the printed manuals? i.e. will an errata be published, and/or will updated printed documents be made available?Thanks,- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

>Rob,>>Do any of the "loose ends" w.r.t. documentation affect the>printed manuals? >>i.e. will an errata be published, and/or will updated printed>documents be made available?>>Thanks,>>- Bill>I second this question.Best regards,Robin.

>>Second Have they made any announcement to which airline they>are modeling the MD-11 version after or will we have to find>out about it when we get it?They have already said that it is a MD-11ER (the -ER (extended range) variant, the one that has the extra fuel tank in one of the lower cargo holds).I am not sure which airlines originally got -ER's but not many -ER's were produced. World Airways presently flies one of them.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>@USA1045: It's the MD-11LR that they've modelled. :)>MD-11ER is what I saw (?)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Guest DeltaSimTek

>>>>Second Have they made any announcement to which airline they>>are modeling the MD-11 version after or will we have to find>>out about it when we get it?>>They have already said that it is a MD-11ER (the -ER>(extended range) variant, the one that has the extra fuel tank>in one of the lower cargo holds).>>I am not sure which airlines originally got -ER's but not many>-ER's were produced. World Airways presently flies one of>them.>>Rhett>>FS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3>Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600>Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm>Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate>64>ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GTThe "ER" version is a retro fittable mod to all MD-11s.Bryan Gandall

>>The "ER" version is a retro fittable mod to all MD-11s.>>Bryan Gandall>Yes that's right. It is also "reversable" in that you can take the extra fuel tank OUT of an -ER. I think Finnair did that on one of their MD-11's.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

"but we are still within the "before 14OCT08" schedule"My birthday - but I won't be around. Aaaargh!C'est la vie.John Rooum

Bill-HAHAHAH...You keep this up we'll need a lawyer just to approve our forum posts. :-p

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

aah. The excitement has got to me!It now Friday evening, 21pm UK time, still waiting for the manuals to appear. I've been checking all day, keen as ever.btw, I wonder will PrecisionManuals website and services be able to cope when they announce its available for download on xx day at xx oclock, and several thousand people try to download it?###Mb times #,### downloaders is gonna be alot of bandwidth!

So have at least half a point as far as the downloads that will go on when they do.Second I like the fact I am not the only one watching the forum and website like a hawk dude,sometimes a look at th esite 3 or 4 times a day. Although it is due mainly since I have a lot of time to kill.Then I will drooling, reading and learning.:-bla Good luck PMDG!Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest Mower

I was hoping to have them in time to print for the weekend so that's out now since it's 1620 EST ... drag ... they do me no good now for the weekend as I have to laptop no read them on. Ah well, such is life.