Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

VC glass reflections?

I believe I saw a texture for VC Glass Reflections but none seem to show up in the VC. Is there a way to enable these or is this a bug?Btw, really nice work on the aircraft. Great sounds! I think the only thing I am going to modify is to add in some more external cockpit glass reflection. I'm a shiney glass nut. :)Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ok I hope that's not going to happen with the FS9 Version? If it's a performance issue it should at least be an option as a lot of us here have strong hardware. Also to say cockpit reflections are unrealistic is a bit strange.. I havn't flown on the MD11 but Jumpseated on the A330/340 maybe 60+ times when I was based in Bahrain and you can clearly see them at night. Rob

Rob Prest

Reflections not being there if the pilots say it is unrealistic is one thing, but should't there be some type of "texture" for the glass (so it looks like something is there)? Just about every picture taken from a cockpit on airliners.net shows something there from inside. Something like what was done on the Flight1 MD-80 would be nice. I have never sat in an MD-11, but I have sat in a 737, 727, C-141, C-5, etc... All of those had some type of texture quality to the glass when viewed internally. Is there any way to at least add some type of texture in there so it doesn't seem so "breezy"? It can't be 100% crystal clear from inside the cockpit (the pilots are still looking through a medium). lol The option to turn it on/off would be nice for those who don't want it. If it won't be done by PMDG, is there any way for us texture guys to add it in ourselves?Thanks! :)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

You might think it would add realism but when we tried it the effect was the opposite and it was distracting. In a real cockpit, the brain does a real good job of ignoring such things but on a computer monitor the reflections are always there.

Dan Downs KCRP

>You might think it would add realism but when we tried it the>effect was the opposite and it was distracting. In a real>cockpit, the brain does a real good job of ignoring such>things but on a computer monitor the reflections are always>there.>Hello, Dan. Thank you for the response. I edited my post above for better clarity (no pun intended).There doesn't have to be "reflections" there, but some type of texture to the glass should be well within the bounds of realism I would think (the Flight1 MD-80 glass looks pretty good from the inside and is not a distraction at all). Btw, thanks to the developers and beta testers for responding to our questions no matter how "trivial" they may seem. Much appreciated. :)

Ark

I agree. Reflection might be the wrong word, but a texture of the windshield looks great. Level-D 767 and Captain Sim 757 come to mind that have good windshield textures.

May i request to consider a clickspot for the control column too, so it dissapears or freezes. My personal feeling is that it's wild movement spoils the quality of the rest of the VC. This would then free up some valuable fps to draw glass reflections :) Regards, Gerrit