Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLP084

MD-11 Speed Tape/Altitude Tape stuttering

Hi, I have noticed that the speedtape is stuttering when new ranges of airspeeds become visible at the lower end or upper end. (changing the fps rates doesnt fix this). The actual indicated airspeed numbers are changing smooth. On the 747/737 the tape transition are running smoother. Is it possible to improve this for the fs9 release? (for clarification, its the tape itself, not the actual value of speed or altitude) Jan-Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HI,I'll take her for a spin and shall have a look! Best regards,Robin.

One of the MD11 pilots in the beta test remarked that the tape is actually smoother than the real aircraft, which has a very slow refresh rate. However, I have not noticed jerky motion before. Let's see what others see.

>One of the MD11 pilots in the beta test remarked that the>tape is actually smoother than the real aircraft, which has a>very slow refresh rate. However, I have not noticed jerky>motion before. Let's see what others see.Dan,Observed this jerky motion, above and below the actual speed as well.(At first install, will have a next look because it did not bother me during recent flights. New Fsx.cfg???)However, on the real aircraft, I can assure you, any refresh rate is not noticeable.Regards,Harry