Sign in to follow this  
Kimber

NGX B737 6/7/8/9/ 9ER ?

HI thereI was wondering when PMDG produce the NGX will the Boeing 737 series 900 ER be modeled?Kind RegardsKimberlyPs. I

Too early to say, but I do know we've said in the past that we intend this to be a complete package like the MD-11 - there won't be separate products for the variants like there were in the original NG product.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do the different variants make the modelling much harder. Or is not that bad of a task since the systems are the same, except fuel tanks and the differences to each variant.

>I hope you guys at PMDG will model the Captain's Heads Up>Display (HUD), as Qantas uses it in all of their>B737-800's...>Yeah, I hope so too, it's a really neat system, it would come in handy for visual approaches too.

Guest XM DUDE

Yes we pilots love toys!Michael Pare.

I never realized the 737 had a HUD.. That is certaintly an interesting thing to know now. Looks fairly primitive compared to that of a fighter jet, plus it is huge? Only other time I have seem something like that is seeing a mockup of the 787 cockpit they had those in there.

I've use the HUD on a 737 before. Well, the sims I work on have them but they aren't used in the real aircraft due to lack of real need.It's a pretty neat system, the ones I've used are made by Flight Dynamics/Rockwell Collins.I'll see about posting some HUD shots when I get home.

For those that are interested, here is a shot of the HUD during a VMC landing. Sorry it's not perfect but its pretty hard to get a good shot of it!P1010054.jpgI've got the brightness turned up quite a bit for the camera, in reality it would be a lot dimmer at night.

Cameron, this picture is awesome, thanks for posting, we must have this in the NGX.You can see all the necessary information, the AOA should also be very handy for locating (couldn't find the correct word...) your TDZ on a visual approach.

That's only one of the modes too! I'll see about getting pictures of more of the modes next time I'm working. Luckily I'm on vacation for a couple weeks now though!I emailed PMDG and offered any support in the development of the NGX, so if any developer is reading here as well, feel free to contact me for anything you may wanted tested in the sim etc.

Wow!! Cameron, it would be great to see the other functions of the HUD. I think Boeing only puts them on request. In which situations exactly would it be used? I have seen them on certain turboprops too and on the CRJ's. Considering PMDG's attention to detail and realism, I'm pretty sure that there is a high possibility we will have the option in the NGX, unless of course there is an FS limitation.

Hey cam. How goes it. Take a pic of your V1 cut. lol. Just teasin ya chief. Well then I guess we can take a pic of my windhsear right?

Guest sunbear

That's an offer I hope PMDG does not turn down.... The pic's are awesome and the HUD would really make a big difference in manual landings. I know that in the real level D sim, you are constantly looking down at the PFD/FD for guidance and believe me, in the real simulator the PFD is way down (view-wise) and very distracting. I hope PMDG takes you up on your offer.Regards,jack :)

Guest flightsimulatorpilot

>Too early to say, but I do know we've said in the past that>we intend this to be a complete package like the MD-11 - there>won't be separate products for the variants like there were in>the original NG product.In another thread, you mentioned that there will be a FS9 version of the NGX. How likely is this to change?Ernad