Sign in to follow this  
pilotguy365

Landing Roll Out

Tony, you are likely getting spikes from your foot pedals. Any sort of manual braking (intentional or not) will automatically disconnect the autobrakes on the MD-11.I suggest you increase the null-zones for your brakes.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest swanrunner

I am having this problem also. I do not have foot pedals. The 747 set to autoland with auto braking set will land hit the brakes and come to a complete stop without even reverse thrust. After many auto land and manual approaches with auto brakes set you will roll off the end if you don't use manual braking. John S

Bill,thanks for your suggestion. I am aware of the foot pedal problem as I have had that before with other aircraft, but since then I have had deadzones on my pedals for a while now as well as the throttle. Another thing is that the ABS light never comes on so I know my pedals arent disconnecting as when i tap the brakes they do. There is something internally wrong with the aircraft or the way it interacts with foot pedals much like when the 744X first appeared.Thanks,Tony N.

Guest swanrunner

Just a quick update on my earlier post. I am using a Saitek yoke and throttles. I have one lever programed for spoilers. I just did a CatIII with max auto brake set. I put the spoiler handle in ground spoiler position on final. Spoilers are locked out when flaps are extended. On touchdown spoilers deployed, I engaged reverse thrust and came to a complete stop in about 5 to 6 thousand feet. This is the first time the auto brakes have worked for me on the MD11. Don't know if there is a relationship with spoiler arming and auto brakes.John S

>Just a quick update on my earlier post. I am using a Saitek>yoke and throttlesI'm using Saitek X52 with ProFlight Rudder Pedals. I just did 3 RTO's and 3 Landings using Slew and one time the autobrake rejected a take off. All of the other events had no disconnect of the autobrakes, but no engaging either. One of each of those was performed with controls disabled CTRL+K to no availTony N.

> Don't know if there is a relationship with spoiler arming and auto brakes.John S ,Certainly there is! For landing and for RTO modes.Refer to the Systems Manual: Land 10.7 and onwards.Regards,Harry

Alright perhaps the PMDG people can help me with this.I have now run 3 ILS approaches into DFW's 35L. Each with three different variables.1st: ILS Approach into 35L with no controls (no Saitek X52 or pedals) and the autobrakes,spoilers, and reverse all work2nd: " (with Saitek X52 only) and the autobrakes, spoilers, and reverse all work3rd " (with both Saitek and Rudder Pedals) and the spoilers, and reverse work correctly, but the autobrakes fail to initiate HOWEVER THE ABS DISARM/DISC LIGHT FAILS TO SHOW ANY DISCONNECT.I need some input as to why this is. My rudder pedals have dead zones on both the rudder axis and both toe brake axis'. I'm thinking it could be a PMDG MD-11 problem much like the 744X with some preset value the Pedals keep sending to FSX. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.Thanks,Tony N.

Hi,To all having problems with autobrakes and the Saitek X52 and Saitek Rudder pedals.You have to calibrate your pedals in FSUIPC registered,here is a screen shot of the settingshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193593.jpgI had the problem with the 744X and it has been solved using FSUIPC, with the MD-11, it is the same and my autobrakes works correctly now for both planes.hope this helpsYves Lefevre

Yves,Thanks for the tip. I'm still a bit irritated though. I haven't had any PMDG representative say anything to a 20+ response thread about autobrakes and now I figure out that I might have to spend 40 dollars to get it to work. I'm still thoroughly happy with the product overall just a bit let down that I need to pay 40 more dollars for brakes to work. I never had to do that with the 747 or the Level D, but now I HAVE to do that for the MD11? Can someone please confirm this is the ONLY way to fix this problem before I go and spend 40$?Thanks,Tony N.

>Yves,>>Thanks for the tip. I'm still a bit irritated though. I>haven't had any PMDG representative say anything to a 20+>response thread about autobrakes and now I figure out that I>might have to spend 40 dollars to get it to work. I'm still>thoroughly happy with the product overall just a bit let down>that I need to pay 40 more dollars for brakes to work. I>never had to do that with the 747 or the Level D, but now I>HAVE to do that for the MD11? Can someone please confirm this>is the ONLY way to fix this problem before I go and spend>40$?>>Thanks,>>Tony N.Hi Tony,I understand but FSUIPC is well worth it.For smoothing wind shifts for example.Pete Dowson is still the magician of FS and you won't regret it.This utility will help you for every plane you have not only the MD-11 or the 744X.I had the problem with autobrakes in the 744X and it solved it.It was the only plane that had an autobrake problem.For example, Level-D 767 had no problem with my saitek hardware.Another solution is, not to use the Saitek rudder pedals and begin to use the built-in rudder of the saitek X52.But if you are like me and have invested in rudder pedals it is not a very acceptable one.yves

OK well I bought it and I checked filter for the brake settings and my autobrakes still do not work anything I'm doing wrong?Tony N.

Hey Tony,Here is a video I took landing on 32R at ORD (~10,000ft) - http://www.vimeo.com/1987592. It's an autoland, and I think I used Low braking (possibly medium though...definitely not high).It looks like I land around 1500 feet down the runway and probably could have made the turn off at P3 (if it was a high-speed turn-off). My estimation is a braking distance from wheels down to turn off is ~5,000ft.Definitely think our experiences are different. Jeff H.KDEN

To everyone in this thread,thanks for your replies even you yourself Yves. I bought FSUIPC4 (albeit hesitantly even though I know it pays off). In order to fix this I simply deleted the joystick (rudder assignments) for left and right toe braking in FSX and reprogrammed them with FSUIPC4 as per Yves' recommendations. I checked the Filter boxes for each after having clicked the set boxes to set each axis for left and right toe brakes. Afterwards I gave the beginning IN value a small leeway as to prevent any spiking from my pedals. My autobrakes work like a champ now and I finally feel at ease. I wish PMDG would look into this problem as I feel that perhaps it could have been solved otherwise, but I suppose this is a quintessential example of the immeasurable value of a user to user FS community here in the PMDG support forums.All help greatly appreciated,Tony N.

So, it turned out to be the dead zone, after all.Glad you got it working, Tony.Spending the $40 on FSUIPC is well worth it - awesome program, and Pete gives REALLY great support.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest swanrunner

Thanks Harry, My manuals just arrived yesterday so I did not have a chance to look at them but as the old saying goes when all else fails read the *#*# manual. For anyone else having problems with autobrakes just make sure you lift up on the spoiler handle to arm them and autobrakes work like a champ. I just did a CatIII in OO with no reverse and stopped in 3/4 of a 9400 ft runway.John S