Sign in to follow this  
Guest Collezio

MD11 Black screen after "ALT" button

I have the same problem as well. Always on a long flight. Therefore I created a KJFK to KLAX flight that I have repeatedly flown approximately 12 times over the last few weeks for testing. I have never successfully completed a flight with the MD11 or the 747 without a black screen so far except when I used DX10. Other points:

• Default 747 was successful on KJFK/KLAX without a black screen using DX9.
  • One flight I had menu corruption. AI aircraft were added sequentially to the menu to the right of the PMDG menu entry (screenshot avail. :-))
  • FSX Config settings such as TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH, FIBER_FRAME_TIME, TEXTURE_RESOLUTION etc have had no effect.
  • Autopilot begins to behave erratically before the problem (Can't maintain track even on 1x speed - winds aloft disabled).

System Specs:Intel Core2 6700 @ 3.0 Ghz4 Gig MemoryVista 64Nvidia 8800 GTX SLIFSX Addons: UTX, FEX, TrafficX

Is anyone with this problem *not* using Vista 64?-stefan
The original poster is on Vista-32.I have ordered XP-64 should be here in a few days. I will have it all installed up and running over the weekend. I will post back results.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I don't have much more to add to this thread except to say that I have been having this problem for months and am following this with great interest to see if anyone can come up with a solution thats workable!While my problem is the same, for me it mostly occurrs straight after I do a 'save' of my flight, therefore I have been relatively lucky in that after restarting the sim I have not lost hours of spent time... thank god the fuels free!Here are my specs if anyone can correlate that with the problem,64 bit windows Vista running on Quad core Q9300 @ 2.5 Ghz4 Gig ramNvidia 9800 GTX 512 - latest driver(having tried earlier ones, none have made any difference)FSX sp2 using Dx9UTX, FEX, GEX747X, MD11 and LD767Fingers crossed someone can work this one out!cheers Russ.

Russell Shaw

Most of us seem to have FEX. I bet we're all using the 4096 SHD clouds, which are HUGE textures.Try dropping the cloud resolution to 1024. Let's see how that goes.-stefan

The original poster is on Vista-32.I have ordered XP-64 should be here in a few days. I will have it all installed up and running over the weekend. I will post back results.
XP64 fixed it.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I don't have much more to add to this thread except to say that I have been having this problem for months and am following this with great interest to see if anyone can come up with a solution thats workable!While my problem is the same, for me it mostly occurrs straight after I do a 'save' of my flight, therefore I have been relatively lucky in that after restarting the sim I have not lost hours of spent time... thank god the fuels free!Here are my specs if anyone can correlate that with the problem,64 bit windows Vista running on Quad core Q9300 @ 2.5 Ghz4 Gig ramNvidia 9800 GTX 512 - latest driver(having tried earlier ones, none have made any difference)FSX sp2 using Dx9UTX, FEX, GEX747X, MD11 and LD767Fingers crossed someone can work this one out!cheers Russ.
I am off Vista and on XP64 see this thread for possible soloution. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240029

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Hello guys, I wanted to congratulate you for the wonderful Add-on !I also wanted to tell you that I have this problem, in practice when they are full screen, but also in windows mode, whether during the flight hit the button "ALT" to open the toolbar and see the map or otherwise,because on opening a new window in FSX, then the screen goes black and I do not see the airplane and will the scenery .. I see everything in black mode that windows in full screen and I have to restart FSX.I always have this problem and fly without opening windows in FSX!This is My PC:CPU: Intel Core 2 Q6700 Moyherboard: ASUS P5E3 Del. Wi-fi DDR3RAM: OCZ 4GB DDR3Graphic: Asus Nvidia 8800GTS 640M driver 180.48 certifiedSO: Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1Solution ?Thnak You !
Over the past week I decided to stimulate the economy in my small way by upgrading to a new system. I figured that my "black screen" problems with well known quality add-ons would lesson or vanish altogether. Well, twas not the case. This led me to experiment with my graphics settings in nHancer which at LONG LAST produced rock solid positive results. The black screen issue is fortunately a thing of the past at the Kelly household.First, I used Nick N's FSX setup guide located here http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 . If you haven't yet looked at this guide it would be advisable to do so in your leisure time. The solution to eliminating the black screenies, in my case, were the following nHancer settings. I run 178.13 driver set BTW:Anti-Aliasing -->Multisampling 8x (no other check marks in the subsection)Anisotropic Filtering --> Unchecked (this seems to be the culprit in my case) Vertical Sync --> OnTexture Filtering --> High QualityTrilinear Optimization --> UncheckedAniso. Sample Optimization --> UncheckedNegative LOD Bias --> UncheckedAdjust LOD Bias --> UncheckedForce Mip Maps --> Checked as NoneHopefully MS can deliver a meaningful fix to the Black Screen issue for those of us that wish to run AF full bore in the future. My hope however is that these settings deliver positive results for others in the community that are currently frustrated into running in DX10 (flashing textures and all) or worst not running the sim entirely.Good Luck & happy simming

Ryan Kelly

I have this issue, I will work on some of the solutions and see what transpires.By the way, I have been getting this issue with numerous graphic cards and system setups. I run four different PC's at home. Just because......In the mean time, I was wondering if this is screen resolution related.Stuart B

I have this issue, I will work on some of the solutions and see what transpires.By the way, I have been getting this issue with numerous graphic cards and system setups. I run four different PC's at home. Just because......In the mean time, I was wondering if this is screen resolution related.Stuart B
For anyone still suffering from these symptoms, consider this:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=247174Tim

Guest Biovac

Hi, same problem here:Black screen only in windows mode, full screen is not a problem.The problem begins when i installed aerosoft airports, and occurs with PMDG MD-11 and Level D 767.DX10 mode, runs well in windows mode, DX9 fails w black and corrupted graphics.Uninstall the airports not solve the problem, reinstalling Fsx and all my planes, without aerosoft airports solved the problem.Software:Vista Ultimatte x64Fsx Accelerator. Clean installPMDG MD-11PMDG 747Level D 767Captain Sim 757Captain Sim XloadSuper 80 pro.Wilco Airbus 1&2Wilco 737Hardware:Intel Core i7 9206 Gb ram OCZMb Gigabyte EX58Nvidia GTX280 1 gb 182.02 driver versionAudio, integrated MBSaitek X52 proMonitor Hp 24 1920*1200Fsx runs smoth limited 30 fpsTesting with tutorial1 flight in windows mode, runs ok.Regards Juan